Corsair 4000D airflow edition

Pivo504

2[H]4U
So it looks like I might need to upgrade all my parts in the near future meaning mobo, cpu, ram, psu etc. And I just came across the new Corsair 4000D airflow version. It reminded me alot of my current Corsair 400d which 2 me was the best case I ever owned. I only had to clean it once a year and it hardly built up any dust compared to my previous cases. Anyways I'm wondering whether it's really worth it over my current case..

I think it's a sharp looking case, especially fond of the grill design on their airflow front panel. I was fond of earlier Corsair cases (750D, 350D-era) but moved away from them after their Spec-Op/Bulldog aesthetic phase and found their more recent cases a little too airflow restricted. This guy, though, looks like a return to form.
-base-4000d-airflow-config-Gallery-4000D-AF-BLACK-01.png

Reactions: Nobu
like this
I think it's a sharp looking case, especially fond of the grill design on their airflow front panel. I was fond of earlier Corsair cases (750D, 350D-era) but moved away from them after their Spec-Op/Bulldog aesthetic phase and found their more recent cases a little too airflow restricted. This guy, though, looks like a return to form.
View attachment 280370
Exactly it looks so much like my current 450d. I'm wondering how much better the airflow will be though? Another big issue i didn't like though is the really dark glass :(

Another thing I just compared to my old 450d is dimensions. The dimensions on the new Corsair 4000d is LxWxH 17.83x9.06x18.35 VS old 450d 19.44x8.2x19.56. It's almost lost 2 inches in overall length and over an inch in height... also another downside is 1 regular usb connection and it's on the top instead of front. On my current case I have 2 and they are on front so it's easy access VS top.. are these 4000d cases of lesser quality? I'm kind of shocked at how cheap they are i remember my 450d was pricey around 100 bucks 5 yrs ago

Last edited:
Another thing I just compared to my old 450d is dimensions. The dimensions on the new Corsair 4000d is LxWxH 17.83x9.06x18.35 VS old 450d 19.44x8.2x19.56. It's almost lost 2 inches in overall length and over an inch in height... also another downside is 1 regular usb connection and it's on the top instead of front. On my current case I have 2 and they are on front so it's easy access VS top.. are these 4000d cases of lesser quality? I'm kind of shocked at how cheap they are i remember my 450d was pricey around 100 bucks 5 yrs ago
Checking to see if anyone ended up purchasing this case. I ended up with the 4000D RGB edition for the lights but wondering if the airflow performance from the 4000D Airflow is worth the upgrade. I noticed that Corsair list the airflow front panel by itself but it's of course out of stock...

Checking to see if anyone ended up purchasing this case. I ended up with the 4000D RGB edition for the lights but wondering if the airflow performance from the 4000D Airflow is worth the upgrade. I noticed that Corsair list the airflow front panel by itself but it's of course out of stock...

I have the 4000D. Great temps. I didn't get the RGB edition due to the front glass panel. BB had it on sale for $65. I just couldn't pay $120 for RGB for looks and less performance.

I have the 4000D. Great temps. I didn't get the RGB edition due to the front glass panel. BB had it on sale for $65. I just couldn't pay $120 for RGB for looks and less performance.
I saw that sale also. I'm actually building a rig for my son/wife (shared PC) and will be putting them into the iCue 220T.

That case is great for younger crowd. The 220T front panel design is "hip" lol.

Back