Corsair 3500 or Hyper X 3500 which to get?

Hyperx is some damn good stuff and will save you some bucks. Corsair gets you better overclocks though.

ive got some corsair XMS 3200c2 allready....but the thing is its a single stick..and im looking for a proven dual channel setup..yes i could chance it and buy another stick of 3200c2...or i could just get the xms 3500 dual pack..or hyperx 3500 dual pack..ive seen about the same OCs on both companies...im just really trying to debate right now :(
and no "buy em both and try em out" doesnt work here :p :D

I wouldn't risk getting a second ram stick to try to work with it. RAM goes under constant revisions. I got 2 sticks of pc3200 256 hyperx one week. Worked fine. Went ahead and got 2 more just one week later and they didn't work fine. When putting all four on the board it flipped. But the pairs individually worked. To top it off I put one stick from each week in and my system began having sporadic crashes every other hour primarily under a lot of load. They were two different revisions as I found out on the labels.

I will add a buddy down the dorm hall was running an IC7 like me and 4 sticks of buffalo he got at the same time flawlessly.

hehe funny

i bought a stick of 256mb ddr400 corsair and again a week ago i bought another ddr400 c2 corsair and it worked..

had to change to cas2.5 tho.

I have a gig of both

Id go with hyper X, save your money.

I have a gig of HyperX, 2 512, and they both have CH-5 chis on them. I got them to 235 stabel, i think they go mor eint hem but my board and CPU are holdin them back.

pretty nice stuff.

I dont think it matters both brands are great.

Corsair 3500c2 still has bh5 chips I think so it would likely be better if you can find it. Chances are pretty good from what Ive heard that it will work in dual channel mode. Ive not heard of many people having problems running ram in dual channel mode if they get 2 of the same stick (same version etc).

If you arent gettting the CMX 3500C2 (the stuff with the bh5) then I would say just get the cheapest stuff. Corsair's regular xms memory isnt any better than the next guy's anymore so you are just paying for the name imo.

Back