Corsair 2x2GB 8500C5 announcement

Redbeard

Official Corsair Rep.
Hey guys, good news for those of you who want a 4GB overclocking kit.

Just so you know, we've just started shipping our 2x2GB 8500 modules. They're built on PSC chips and are quite fast. Typical lab results see 1100+ speeds pretty easily on the 2x2GB kits. We're also launching 2x1GB kits of the same PSC chips, they're pretty fast as well, since they're single-rank they're a bit faster than the 2x2GB kits. We're still selling Micron-based parts, as well. The TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF is 100% micron-based. However, the new TWIN2X4096-8500C5D and TWIN2X2048-8500C5D parts will be PSC based due to exceptionally high demand for the speed grade and the low, low prices of DDR2 right now. The new 4GB kit built with PSC at 8500 should actually be cheaper than the old 2GB kit built with Micron.

The good news is that there's a 2x2GB kit of 8500 in the market now that's rocking fast, and we're working on a 2x2GB 9136 kit (1142 MHz) for you really crazy guys as well. If you have any questions let me know.

good news, i like good overclocking 2x2gb kits. they kinda disappeared when the revA micron chips dried up.

just out of curiosity, how well do they scale with different timings and voltages. hopefully something like this if you're seeing 550mhz parts?

vvt.png

Depends heavily on the screening, to be honest. They're not Micron so they react differently. They do have a good top end though - I have a set in the lab that does 1180 @ 5-5-5-12 @ 2.0V.

good enough for me. i'll have to locate myself a set to play around with :cool:

On which chips is the TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF based?
Checked the Corsair forum, but there was nothing to find.
Thanks

How well do PSC chips stack against Hynix and Micron chips for quality across the board? Should we be looking at them for the best chips for high quality at lower prices?

We are shipping them out as of last week. However, I do not know who bought them and cannot say how soon they will appear available for retail.

How well do PSC chips stack against Hynix and Micron chips for quality across the board? Should we be looking at them for the best chips for high quality at lower prices?

Not sure there's a quick answer to that question but reviews should start to surface after this stuff is readily available. So time will tell. However, I doubt Corsair would stake their reputation and put their name on it if they didn't have confidence in the quality of the memory chips installed on their sticks. But that's just my guess. The proof will be in how well these perform in real applications, and good or bad, I'm sure we'll know one way or the other in due time.

Glad I read this before I ordered another TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF kit. Now I can buy TWIN2X4096-8500C5D kit for around the same price and use the old kit in the wifes new comp build.

Great news from a great company.

Yes, that's the kit. It's the only Dominator 2 x 2gb kit we have right now until the 9136 speed grade is shipped.

this ram sucks.
It doesn't agree with my 780i and gives me the drivers stopped responding error.
Back to 6400 I go.

got me a set of these on the way and had my friend buy a pair, damn nice price after rebate at ZZF

Dunno man, this problem happens to all nV 6/7 boards since they're the same anyways. I am returning them just because I only bought htem to hope that they'd run stable. Every nv board dies after a while anyways

I have had good luck with them so far but, I have only had 2 to date; Asus P5N-E SLI and EVGA Black Pearl NF68. Both are rock solid. I even had good luck with 4 modules at 1066. But, it is much easier to tune the voltages so far with the 2 x 2gb kit at 1066. I will have an EVGA 780i tomorrow for memory validations so I'll put it thru the wringer.

If you think your memory is the culprit here, we'll gladly replace it for you.

Nah man no shots on the memory I'm just upset you guys haven't started to sell the CL7 JEDEC 1066 MHZ memory. I think 2.1v is an accmoplishment just frustrated

Dang, only a few weeks late. I SO would have spent a couple extra bucks to get that dominator kit over this 2x2gig gskill 1000 I bought at the end of January. Do you guys have a ram trade in program? :D

You might want to see if gskill has a ram trade in to upgrade to THIS PC2 8500 ram, which was shown to outperform Crucial 8500 sticks. G.Skill now have a 4GB (2x2GB) kit out and I just got a killer deal on one from the egg ($135 shipped, no rebates). That deal is now over (expired 3-6) but you might find other deals with a little hunting. The new 1066 (PC2 8500) gskill 4GB kits look to be very fast and equally as good as the Corsair kits listed in this thread. Just thought I'd let y'all know. ;)

You might want to see if gskill has a ram trade in to upgrade to THIS PC2 8500 ram, which was shown to outperform Crucial 8500 sticks. G.Skill now have a 4GB (2x2GB) kit out and I just got a killer deal on one from the egg ($135 shipped, no rebates). That deal is now over (expired 3-6) but you might find other deals with a little hunting. The new 1066 (PC2 8500) gskill 4GB kits look to be very fast and equally as good as the Corsair kits listed in this thread. Just thought I'd let y'all know. ;)

That link is for a 2x1gig kit :(

Yes I know it only a 2x1GB kit, but the memory chips and performance would likely be the same specs as the 2x2GB kits from gskill. I was merely showing how well it performs in that review when compared to the Crucial 1066 (PC2 8500) ram. Thus, I would think it performs equally as well as the Corsair ram listed in this thread (that you want to trade in for). I have no idea if a trade in or trade up is possible, but I would think you have a much better chance of a "trade in/up" if you go with the same company as the ram you have now.

Here's the LINK to the 4GB kit. Like I said the deal I got is over (shoulda bought two 4GB kits for the price I got). Anyway, good luck.

wanna bump this
downclocked my fsb to 1333 to run the even 1066 on ram primed great for 12 hours.

Ugh, I just ordered a second 2x2gb kit of non-Corsair ram. Maybe I'll have to return them. ;-)

hell mullet go to zipfly they have the 8500 dominoators on sale with rebate.

is corsair us based company...with legal us citizens working there?
IF SO BUY IT

Back