Corrupt archive, anything besides scanpst?

ZeqOBpf6

Gawd
Hey there this is a tough one. I've got a corrupt archive, it was working just fine in Win7 but when I copied it over to Win10 it said it was corrupt and I can't even attach it to my Outlook. And now I can't even go back in the Win7 device and see the emails in there either?

So I ran scanpst and it basically wipes out 95% of the file. Is there anything I can do beyond this? Would really hate to lose any of these emails. The archive is 6.5GB fwiw.

When searching around I see a lot of sketchy looking sites come up. Ever Google "convert flac to mp3?" Stuff like those sites. Archive-repair-tools.com etc.

Anyone ever try any of these? I'd be happy even if I had to hand select each email and copy it over. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

So you didn't actually copy it over form the Win7 machine to the Win10 machine.. you cut / pasted it?

Most of the not-fake 3rd party utilities don't really do anything that scanpst doesn't.

You can always try to recover the deleted PST file on the Windows 7 machine. Easus is a legitimate company:
https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/office-recovery-software/free-pst-recovery.htm

Their PST repair tool might be able to help and you can do a "preview" and it will show you what it can recover.

I would try to undelete the PST on the Win7 machine first though. And then make a backup before you do anything else.

No I have the original .pst file, but it's not attached to the Outlook 2010 anymore and I can't attach it due to corruption.

I tried kenny's suggestion but that didn't work due to being unable to attach it. They did recommend a third party tool which did actually find some files but only about 5% of what scanpst didn't. Sucks.

Back