Corporate Antivirus

AmongTheChosenX

Supreme [H]ardness
We're looking to move away from Kaspersky for our clients.

Most clients consist of anywehere from 10-50 endpoints, maybe some laptops here and there.

Email scanning via Outlook is a plus

Something like Vipre's misc plugin/software update engine is a plus

Anything but Kaspersky.

Viper - lite weight, quick - use it myself.
Bitdefender
ESet but heard it is still bloated.

I have used Vipre and Eset

Vipre - Probably more lightweight, but their outlook plugin sucks massive balls.
Eset - Pretty light weight, more granular management console, better agent for file servers.

We use ESET for our MSP clients. Love that it's installed/pushed via LabTech and managed via ERAS.

GFIMax, as you said clients, so that makes me think you work for an IT consulting company or MSP.

GFIMax, as you said clients, so that makes me think you work for an IT consulting company or MSP.

we are technically a consulting company, however we sell antivirus to most of our break-fix, and monthly recurring clients.

Tested out Vipre in my virtual lab. Interface is nice, but clunky at the same time. Nowhere near as pretty as KAV.

Will check out GFI Max

GFIMax is more of an Remote management product for MSP's. It does have A/V as a component, and that is Vipre.

We use Sophos, works pretty well. We haven't had many issues across 60+ sites

Eset has been pissing me off more and more over the last 2 years or so. Their exchange agent has caused more systems to crash then I care to think about. The desktop agent is usually ok but I've had more stuff sneak by it then I'd like. The cost is usually pretty good though.

Yea I'd second this as well. Cost for a workstation is capped at like 2 bucks a month including AV. It depends on what you turn on but the commercial teamviewer part is nice. It also can do an online backup. Pricing of that isn't the best but we caught a deal where we paid for branding and they gave us a discount on the backup. The branding paid for itself in like 2 months with the backup discount.

It also has content filtering for web which is nice for remote users but I haven't tried it yet. I've been thinking of turning it on for my boss' machine to see how well it works.

+1, most Universities here and IT enterprise companies I've had dealings with use Sophos.

Used to have Sophos but it let too much crap by. We are on F-Secure now and the client is absolutely awesome but the management console is utter garbage. So....we live with it since it's less work dealing with a crappy console than dealing with machines that get virused up too often.

I work for an MSP and we have been deploying AVG CloudCare for the last year or so. Detection rates are pretty good and the web management console is very easy to use. Something to check into. I think we charge around 24 bucks a year per workstation, and I know there's a fairly large margin built into that.

Back