Corporate antivirus on linux

schnell

Gawd
I am looking to get a new anti-virus solution for my office (150 users) as the old sysadmin still has them running on Symantec 10. The 3 main ones I am looking at right now are F-Secure, Kaspersky, Sophos. I will never run Symantec again nor will I run McAfee.

My question is does anyone know of an anti-virus that I can run the management console on Linux? I know they all have linux clients but I would prefer to run the console on a Linux box if possible. I can not seem to find this information anywhere.

Most don't although a few might. You may be able to run someones via wine.

why wont you run Symantec? av-comparatives.com

their new products are top rated, they are nothing like the past years, even 10 wasnt that bad for protection just not too slim on resources.

years of issues have left a sour taste in my mouth. will not ever give them any more of my money.

I'm enjoying endpoint too.. However I would find it hard to believe that you will find a console to run on linux. You may have to suck it up and use wine or installing it on windows like it was probably meant to be

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you'll need that beefy of a computer to do the management console on. Then again, I haven't dealt with more than a 50+ network of SEP. I've found just using a PC JUST for the management console works a lot better than trying to cram it onto another server doing other duties.

Back