corporate Anti-spam

utshost

Weaksauce
We are almost up on our current out sourced IT contract. He handled most of the needs of the company before I started. We are redoing all IT stuff because its just a mess and cheap. The company is doing well enough that they said the want everything done right this time around, to keep the problems of the old days out. I have just about everything nailed down, but the antispam part. so what have you guys seen and liked? i want to keep it in house so don't want to go with managed, was thinking of a few

barracuda device
Interscan viruswall
Ironport
mcafee antispam

what do you guys use/like ?

was disappointed that ESET doesn't have server level anti spam :(

In re-thinking the "in house vs managed" debate..an advantage of going with a solution like Appriver or Postini..is you never...ever...ever..have to deal with RevDNS/PTR, and getting on spam lists, and having your port 25 wiiiiiide open to the world (since you can ACL it to your smart host)

If inhouse is an absolute must...free...www.untangle.com

the past two companies I've worked for have used Ironport and it seemed to work very well.

if you want a host solution then I would recommend postini. if you want to manage your own box then I would suggest ironport or astaro or untangle.

We just went with an ironport solution (C150) and it's been great, another vote for them!

under 50 users, o man just go postini.

either through google or a reseller.

through google = no phone support
through reseller = phone support

we get it for 36/a year per email addy, much smaller as we do like 5-10 user setups, but i bet in a pack of 50 ud get awesome deal.

For that many users I'll have to co-sign going with a hosted solution. Hell even putting a UTM should work just fine.

There are 3000+ users at my company so we use message labs as one of our layers of proctection fro SPAM. We block in the range of 3 million+ spams / virues each month. The stats continue to grow too!

Back