cornelious is finally getting h2O!!!!!

Silverghost said:
Haha, should've heard my mom when she found out I bought my X800Pro vivo. :p

"HOW MUCH!?"

My dad just shook his head. lol :D
yup :D sounds like mine there too

Zxcs said:
lol you're exactly like my brother; spoilt. This Xmas parents are getting me to buy parts and build his new rig, just because he fecked up his old one with spybots etc. I'm thinking fx-55 and dual 6800 ultra :D

and you call me spoiled :p

A little more back on track people please.

I realise that there aren't always a lot of updates happening in this particular thread, but I'd still like you to respect my desire/intent to keep the thread more or less heading in a certain path. ;)

Guess what guys......PICS!!!!!

Just a few with a garbage camera, and the case still isn't done....but I thought I'd get SOMEthing posted up for now. :p

SVI_0002.JPG

SVI_0003.JPG

SVI_0004.JPG

tsuehpsyde said:
May I ask why your memory isn't in dual channel mode??

It is silly.....you're the one with the backwards Neo2 that needs the memory to be in slots 1 and 2....or 3 and 4......most other NORMAL boards that support DC require you to use 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 if you've got 4 slots. ;)

Really? Hmm, that's strange...eh, either way, at least it's in dual channel mode :p And I'm Using the NEO, not the NEO2....if I was, then I'd have the luxury of dual channel memory, and socket 939 which I don't *sniff*....but luckily I'm confident my 754, when finished, will smash most 939's around the forum (with the exception of like FX-55s lol)...Since everyone is saying 754 is dead (just like ppl say 478 is dead). It's a personal vendetta to get this thing screaming :)

iddqd said:
You spammer, you..

Not all the time.....just when i get ridiculously bored at 4am and can't fall to sleep. ;)

I'll have new pics up sometime this weekend....getting my friend to come over with his A85 to do a large photo-shoot with the case.....stay tuned. :cool:

cornelious0_0 said:
Not all the time.....just when i get ridiculously bored at 4am and can't fall to sleep. ;)

I'll have new pics up sometime this weekend....getting my friend to come over with his A85 to do a large photo-shoot with the case.....stay tuned. :cool:
Hehe... I'm getting my own WC rig soon :). One question - where do you get those clamps?

iddqd said:
Hehe... I'm getting my own WC rig soon :). One question - where do you get those clamps?

Here's a little secret for you.....you do NOT have to buy little accessories like that from WC sites....I got those metal screw-down clamps at Canadian Tire in town for like 60 cents each......and they're WAY nicer and more secure then those nylon snap clamps you can buy at most sites.

I actually just found out that my work (pet store) has some 1/2" ID elbow fittings for use in pond systems for fairly cheap.....which is slick....cus I wanna add a couple elbows to my loop to tidy up the tubing a bit.....and this way I dont have to wait for an order. :)

Looks like everything came together real nice, good job.

Also, thats a nice looking delta fan on top. :p

OrionNT said:
Looks like everything came together real nice, good job.

Also, thats a nice looking delta fan on top. :p

It's not done yet......just you wait. ;)

The Delta is very nice.....even at 7v this thing is blowing more then 80cfm and is actually a bit quieter then my 80cfm aluminum fan i was using.......or I could undo the 7v mod and run it at 12v for a blustering 190cfm.......but it's just a BIT to loud for my tastes. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
It's not done yet......just you wait. ;)

The Delta is very nice.....even at 7v this thing is blowing more then 80cfm and is actually a bit quieter then my 80cfm aluminum fan i was using.......or I could undo the 7v mod and run it at 12v for a blustering 190cfm.......but it's just a BIT to loud for my tastes. :p
Or you could get a fanbus :)

iddqd said:
Or you could get a fanbus :)
Not many fanbuses support the necessary 24 watts for a 120mm delta. Do you know of any cause I would like one.

OrionNT said:
Not many fanbuses support the necessary 24 watts for a 120mm delta. Do you know of any cause I would like one.

Haha, yeah.....I haven't seen any.....closest I've ever had was my Vantec Nexus that did about 18-19W per channel.

It takes about 5 seconds to do the 7v mod though, and I'm still gonna try bumping it down to 5v tonight....cus if it doesnt effect my temps at all i might as well quiet the thing down a bit more. ;)

OrionNT said:
24W?! HOLY FUCK. My high-speed 120mm Panaflo only takes 0.24W...

iddqd said:
24W?! HOLY FUCK. My high-speed 120mm Panaflo only takes 0.24W...

I think you're mistaken there.......probly thinkin' Amps......cus there aint no fan I've seen that runs at 1/4 of one W. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and in terms of Amps.....this Delta is rated at 1.50. :eek:

Here you guys.....got a nicer pic of the h2O setup today:

side_wiring.jpg

Enjoy....no more pics till the end of the month. ;)

hkhawk said:
Wow, that looks great! :)

Thx, the only thing I'm honestly still not happy with is the ATX cable....I really wish there was some way to get it around that corner tighter.....I could attempt to cut another hole under the mobo for it.....but its to thick to be underneath the board.

Oh well, for now the wiring will have to do....although there's still a few things I wanna clean up, and I plan on ziptying the wires togethor neatly behind the mobo tray also and possibly sleeving them all so that I can also put a giant mesh window on the side panel behind the mobo.....just because. ;)

Nice, not too many rear windows around! You know, if you're going to sleeve your cables, maybe then you could redo the ATX cable too. Take off the old sleeving and flatten out the cables and resleeve with something a little less restricting. I'm not sure, but that might make it easier to bend the wires around the corner. However, sleeving the ATX connector is hard becayse the plug is so big. Just an idea. Still, it all looks very neat! Great job! :)

Looks pretty nice bro. Wiring could use a bit if you want to perfect it but I know you know that already ;) Where's the "Perfect Dark" though? I was under the impression everything including the case was going to be black and blend together. Possibly not powder coated yet?

Nice, not too many rear windows around! You know, if you're going to sleeve your cables, maybe then you could redo the ATX cable too. Take off the old sleeving and flatten out the cables and resleeve with something a little less restricting. I'm not sure, but that might make it easier to bend the wires around the corner. However, sleeving the ATX connector is hard becayse the plug is so big. Just an idea. Still, it all looks very neat! Great job!

Thx, but I dunno if I'd bother doing the ATX cable.....it's already sleeved, and the sleeving actually isn't that much more restrictive then something you'd buy off the shelf.

Looks pretty nice bro. Wiring could use a bit if you want to perfect it but I know you know that already Where's the "Perfect Dark" though? I was under the impression everything including the case was going to be black and blend together. Possibly not powder coated yet?

Yeah, just as I said.....I'm not done with it yet. ;)

I still have some work to do with the wiring, because it's still not quite as nice as I'd like it. Other then that, you're right.....it's not powder coated yet. I still have to get the mesh (which will be installed in the side panel's giant window.....and as the window in the PSU top window.....and finally, infront of the front intake fans in the large rectangular hole I cut out) and get everything powder coated.

I might not sleeve everything RIGHT away....but even so, once I perfect the wiring there won't be a HUGE need to sleeve it.

I'm actually considering using the SATA plug on the bottom right of the board.....even though it's not on the Intel controller.....cus its right on teh edge of the board, and the SATA cable would be basically non-existant. I highly doubt that I'd actually notice the difference in performance between the SI and Intel SATA anyways.....

cornelious the new pics look much better!!! it almost looks like u dont have a psu, but i remembered u had a polished psu.

flat4 said:
cornelious the new pics look much better!!! it almost looks like u dont have a psu, but i remembered u had a polished psu.

Haha, yeah.....I love this OCZ....so damn sexc. :D

wow your wire management is so clean i can hardly see any wires in your case, makes the inside of my case look like a jungle =(

heero884 said:
wow your wire management is so clean i can hardly see any wires in your case, makes the inside of my case look like a jungle =(

Funny thing is I'm not done.....gotta cut a hole int he side of the 5.25" cage to route the wire from the Delta so I dont see it at all, gotta find away to get the ATX cable a little more hidden.....and instead of bringing that filtered line for the XT-PE under the mobo I'll ust have it go behind the tray and I'll cut a hole in the tray for it to come out teh same place.....which will get rid of that little section of cables going from the top of the mobo to that hole I've got cut. ;)

Thx for the good words though. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Most likely Amps.....
Ohh my bad :/... Well, my Zalman fanbus supports up to .5amps per channel, so that means one delta fan per channel for you? :D

iddqd said:
Ohh my bad :/... Well, my Zalman fanbus supports up to .5amps per channel, so that means one delta fan per channel for you? :D

Well, not quite.....this Delta is a 1.5Amp fan.....and has a startup requirement of about 2Amps.

it's cool though, its perfectly fine at 7v......and I have no need to do anything else with it.

nice looking setup cornelious.a couple observations.i see no clamps on the heatrcore fittings.
you should wrap a few times, electrical tape on the tubing where the clamps fit
this stops those fittings from biting into the tubing so much.
one fitting on the tdx looks either a little big,or not tight enuff.
there is a gap you can see.i would also put the wb clamps on,pointing to the right and down a little,so that you can tighten them down easily
having had my watercooled setup running for over a year,im just passing along some advice from experience.
looks really good
damn its cold in toontown today

You think that pump would be strong enough for a BIX 3? or would i have to go w/ duals or some other pump?

rj2, I still have to get down to Canadian tire to pick up more of my metal clamps.....and then Ill be sure to get them on the heatercore.....just didnt have any extras.....and the heatercore had the longest barbs so I left them off it.

vapb400, for a BIX3 or dual radiators with one or two blocks I'd recommend doing two CSP-750's in series....then you'd be MORE then set. ;)

tsuehpsyde said:
*Takes comp on roadtrip to Canada so Corn can organize my wires* :D

Haha, you're more then welcome too....I've already done a few cases for ppl I've met at local LANs cus they were so impressed with my case. ;)

Maybe I need to start charging for it and do it as a service.

Hehe, if it didnt involve shipping an entire computer to me I'd offer people the chance to pay to ship it to me and have the cables all done up very nicely......and then have it shipped back....although I doubt that'd ever catch on. :p

Back