Core i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i7-9600K Pricing Surfaces in Online Shops

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Although screencaps were not made in time, a Guru3D editor claims to have seen Intel’s 9th-gen chips listed as high as 737 EUR (i9-9900K, $857), 567 EUR (i7-9700K, $659), and 299 EUR (i7-9600K, $347) at one webshop. ComputerBase and VideoCardz are reporting lower (but still arguably expensive) pricing at other destinations: Dutch Computer Centre and CentralPoint have the 9900K listed for 561 EUR ($652) and 689 EUR ($801), respectively.

The new processors should be launched on October 1 and will have soldered heatspreaders. As so often, webshop CentralPoint expects to have them in stock on September 7th. We doubt that very much though. Remember, often prices are not yet representative during early listing and preorders.

I guess if you need it be prepared to bend over. Thankfully I don't need it and I am enjoying AMD continuing to put the heat on.

Speaking of heat about time they started soldering the heat spreaders again. Cheap bastards.

I'm dating myself, but I remember paying about $1000 when the Pentium 90 came out. Probably about the time of Wolfenstein 3D. This upgraded my 486dx2 (I think).
Still, glad AMD is around and giving a better price/performance model.

So regardimg the 9900K leak OCed to 5.5ghz:

It was at 1.536 vcore which is absolutely unrealistic. 8700k chips have clocked just as high under similar voltage.

I'm still really hoping we can see higher OC headroom, not just stock clocks.

Like how 99% of 8086k chips could hit 5ghz around 1.4vcore, I hope Intel 9th gen pushes that higher.

It would be nice to have 99% of 9900k chips to OC to 5.2ghz around 1.4vcore for instance.

The 9800K is the 8-Core part for 850ish? I thought Intel was going to be more competitive. This is in Thread ripper/INTEL HEDT territory with those platforms having more PCIE lanes to boot.

The 9800K is the 8-Core part for 850ish? I thought Intel was going to be more competitive.

It should be $350 to $450 being that 8 Intel cores is equivalent to 10 to 12 AMD cores. $850 is totally ignoring the competition.

This price is only at this one place, I read elsewhere. It's probably a price gouge by them, and not reflective of Intel's actual price.

I'm dating myself, but I remember paying about $1000 when the Pentium 90 came out. Probably about the time of Wolfenstein 3D. This upgraded my 486dx2 (I think).

LoL...I was feeling ancient alone in here....I got the Pentium 90 and remember being expensive and I also upgraded from 486 DX2 66mHz. I was playing Wing Commander and it was too much for the poor 486 - Damn what an upgrade it was - the speed difference was huge.

I remember those days, and that was why I bought a 5x86-100 that I overclocked to 120 to get nearly the same performance in most games. Back then, there were just a few that were dependent on FP, and I didn't play them.

I've always expected the prices to be:

- 9900k - $449.99
- 9700k - $349.99
- 9600k - $249.99

I mean, why would the 9600k cost so much more than the 8600k? Basically same chip right? On another note, why doesn't Intel market an i5 9550k with 4-Cores/8-Threads like the past i7s? They could price it $20 less than the 9600k...

Notice WCCFTech now has a story with preorder prices for the 9900K and 9700K of 560 and 440 Euros. (Also, both Dutch Computer Center and CentralPoint, where the prices were coming from, have pulled their listings.)

Even at the reduced price that's $510 for the 9700k.

Uh...

Competitive how?

It's in a no man's land with a very high price somewhere between the 8700k and the 16 core Threadripper.

This thing is supposed to be the new gen replacement of the 8700k. Jacking the price more than 30% isn't going to work.

Nvidia says you should preorder one! It helps speed up Ray Tracing 6x, 8x, or reach for the top at 16x!

P.S. ALL x=threads! Helps feed the our new 20 series line for better RT results!

Top it off with-- who knows how much more performance loss lays ahead for spectre/meltdown/foreshadow patches.

Paying all that money to watch those benches come down 5-30% depending on application

Top it off with-- who knows how much more performance loss lays ahead for spectre/meltdown/foreshadow patches.

Paying all that money to watch those benches come down 5-30% depending on application

And then there's TLBleed. The OpenBSD team has completely disabled hyperthreading going forward and claim there are more undisclosed vulnerabilities in Intel's SMT implementation.

And then there's TLBleed. The OpenBSD team has completely disabled hyperthreading going forward and claim there are more undisclosed vulnerabilities in Intel's SMT implementation.
Yeah, that's really going to hurt the core i7 and i9 performance, and many higher end laptop processors. With that, AMD should take the lead with the next gen Ryzen, whenever that hits.

Intel is seeing the train coming down the tracks, and they aren't sure they're going to get to the end of the tunnel in time.

Wow. Intel is really digging their own grave with this pricing. I paid

That was my first PC of my own (although I used, sometimes illicitly, my father's PCs before then). I wish I could remember all of the specs, but I remember I bought a cheap Chinese 15" monitor for over $500 back then too...and another $400-$500 for an HP inkjet that really sucked.

Nvidia says you should preorder one! It helps speed up Ray Tracing 6x, 8x, or reach for the top at 16x!

P.S. ALL x=threads! Helps feed the our new 20 series line for better RT results!

*Tom's Hardware says you should pre-order. (fixed it for you)

Back