Core i5 with 8-hour battery life?

Taer

Troll trolling troll troll
I thought about buying the Sager 5135, but realized that even it may not have decent battery life.

I need the power and performance of a Core i5/i7 Dual-Core, but I need at least 6 hours of battery life.

I very much prefer customize-able laptops, such as on sites like XoticPC and PowerNotebooks.

Thank You.

I know my HP 2740p will pull 8-12 hours battery life with the i7, the i5 was getting similar times (both dual core variants), but this is with a slice battery......to get your 8 hours of life a slice battery is pretty much a must

All in all, it'll depend what application you are using it. yes MBP will give you good battery life but still it'll drop on application for it. the 15 inch does give solid 5 hours of on and off with multiple apps like itune,office apps and some random low resource apps.

Having just covered CES with a 15-inch MacBook Pro, I can vouch for it.

I had two days where I covered more than one keynote and in some cases was writing other articles on battery power. The MBP with a mix of 3G, Wi-Fi and some photo editing managed to have 1.5 hours of juice left after all that and few opportunities to power back up.

I'm very curious to see how the Sandy Bridge-based models turn out.

Vaio Z with i5.
Lasted me an 8 hour flight with the dedicated graphics switched off and I even played a bit of minecraft.
It also weighs slightly more than a netbook.

I thought about buying the Sager 5135, but realized that even it may not have decent battery life.

I need the power and performance of a Core i5/i7 Dual-Core, but I need at least 6 hours of battery life.

I very much prefer customize-able laptops, such as on sites like XoticPC and PowerNotebooks.

Thank You.

buy a mainstream system with a spare battery, Dell was recently running a promotion on some latops where you could get a spare 9 cell for under $70. My studio 1558 with Intel i5 and dedicated graphics lasts for just about 5 hours (4:50) on it's 9 cell.

Lenovo X201 should give you that kind of battery life with the 9 cell. Mine gets about 3 hours with a 4 cell battery. Its a very powerful ultra portable.

Check this out. It's an i3 but it's the best i3 chip. I don't think jumping to an i5 or i5/i7ULV will give you that much of a performance boost, especially since the ULV chips are clocked much lower. I am looking at possibly getting this one.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Having just covered CES with a 15-inch MacBook Pro, I can vouch for it.

I had two days where I covered more than one keynote and in some cases was writing other articles on battery power. The MBP with a mix of 3G, Wi-Fi and some photo editing managed to have 1.5 hours of juice left after all that and few opportunities to power back up.

I'm very curious to see how the Sandy Bridge-based models turn out.

Same. Sandy Bridge on a MBP will have crazy battery life, unless they use SB as an excuse to reduce the physical size and the battery along with it.

I get about 5-6 working hours from my 9-cell on my Latitude E6410 i7 620. If I got the bay battery or the slice it would go over 8 easily.

Back