Core Clock Drops on 680?

ReconSniper

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello, I searched this forum but couldnt find this problem. I have my Evga overclocked to 1319 and it runs benchmarks fine and is stable. I guess. I us the OC scanner from EVGA with EVGA precision and GPUZ to verify the settings. As soon as launch OC Scanner the Core clock drops and bounces between 900 something to 1100. As soon as I close the OC Scanner the EVGA precision shows the correct core clock again. This is also the same thing GPUZ is reporting.

I have the voltage maxed out, Kboost on, and have tried from default all they way up to 500mem clock.

The card is water cooled and temps never get above 58c

Doesn't OC Scanner stress the heck out of the GPU? It's probably dropping clocks to stay within TDP (due to your maxxed out voltage)

Last edited:
The issue is only happens with EVGA OC scanner? Have you tried stressing with other program?. The only thing i can think is a too high voltage or bypassing the TDP?...

Araxie, I believe that's the issue. In Heaven my clock stays the same and does not drop. That's odd that the EVGA so called overclocking tester doesnt allow me to test it over clocked. Oh well.

Have you flashed the BIOS to get increased voltage? There are only two 680's that offer voltage control, one is the Lightning and the other is the Galaxy card.

That's odd that the EVGA so called overclocking tester doesnt allow me to test it over clocked. Oh well.

It's much harder to oc test these recent products (cpus and gpus) that employ turbo and boost. Not EVGA's fault. BTW, if you play FC3 you might find your card drops clocks.

Back