Corded trackball mouse vs. optical wireless mouse

Oleg

n00b
I have noticed that about 8% of customers, and business are still using basic corded trackball mouse. The question would be. Why some of the customers, and business are still using it. Maybe a better tracking response could be a factor?.

Last edited:
Less stress when using a mouse for hours, there are quite a few articles discussing the ergonomics of a trackball vs standard mouse. Also the fact it doesn't move means the cord isn't much of an issue, you get more desk space and the surface it's on is irrelevant.

I were talking more about basic trackball mouse, witch is none ergonomic mouse. With the basic mouse cord does moves around the desk.

Here is an example.
fa6316_9da454accfb149d3a62bb2193e0610e2~mv2.jpg

I see. In that case I don't know. I could just be "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Where I work, people use whatever comes with the computer.

It could be a box of dog turds with two mouse buttons and a USB cord and people will happily scoot it around the similarly provided mousepad to work on their spreadsheets and documents. If it breaks, they go into the “IT closet” and grab whatever can be scrounged up to replace it.

We can spend thousands of dollars on a air filter or emissions tester or anything “operations” related, but heaven help my company if they spend more than what it costs to go dumpster diving for peripherals or office furniture.

At work, I use a ball bearing mouse on purpose because of the weight. It has the be a specific $8 HP mouse too. I like the feeling when I have to pick it up and recenter it. Weird.

Because it's cheap. Keyboards and mice are seen as commodity items. I still remember when I brought my Model M to work with me--people thought I was crazy until I was handling more work than them because I could type faster and with less strain.

For trackballs, there's almost never a need to go wireless since it's not a device that requires movement. For mice, why do you want to add a battery/rechargable component to the system? I see the reason why wireless mice are popular for gamers but in a typical office environment, it's totally unnecessary. I think the only reason they get used at all is because it can make your desk look neater without the wires showing.

Back