Corair k90 vs Thermaltake Meka G1 prime

Aphotic

Weaksauce
Hey all,

I'm looking at buying my first mechanical keyboard since my cheap illuminated membrane keyboard just took a shit.

I'm looking hard at the Corsair K90 and the Meka G1 because of their great build quality and inclusion of a usb hub. I'd be happy with cherry mx browns or red so they're even there. Can someone convince me one way or the other?

IMO the Corsair, i.e...MX reds, classy black aluminum finish, nice red backlighting. There's no way I could live with myself with that Thermaltake on my desk, unless that's your thing and you really want to "rice" it up....

Between the two, I'd choose the MEKA G1 because it's fully mechanical, unlike the hybrid mech/rubberdome K90.

At that price-range, I'd scrap both and pick up a Ducky Shine 2 though; you get your choice of Cherry MX switch type, LED color and 104 or TKL form-factor.

Between the two, I'd choose the MEKA G1 because it's fully mechanical, unlike the hybrid mech/rubberdome K90.

At that price-range, I'd scrap both and pick up a Ducky Shine 2 though; you get your choice of Cherry MX switch type, LED color and 104 or TKL form-factor.

The keyboard looks excellent but I really would my keyboard to have a usb hub and sadly those do not.

The K95 is looking pretty damn sexy, especially considering it's fully mechanical. It looks pretty large though. I have a huge mouspad and I really never use macros. Damn, this is a tough choice.

I would wait for the K95 if you want macro keys. Otherwise I would get the Corsair K70 which is the same thing without macro keys.

Just get a Ducky Shine 2 of your choice and get a cheap external hub... solved.

Shine is a very solid and premium keyboard and it doest not take unnecessary space.

I have the K90 and love it. K95 is coming out soon as well. If you don't use macro keys, K70 may be the way to go as the K90 is quite long.

Thermaltake looks like shit.

Thermaltake looks like shit.

Could also argue that mixing Chery MX with rubberdome feels like shit. Aesthetics are as much personal preference as switch type; so if someone is actually considering what looks to be an abomination, it's better to comment on other features that may interest them.

Could also argue that mixing Chery MX with rubberdome feels like shit. Aesthetics are as much personal preference as switch type; so if someone is actually considering what looks to be an abomination, it's better to comment on other features that may interest them.
The K95 and K70 are fully mechanical.

The K95 and K70 are fully mechanical.

But, the K90 and K60 aren't, and OP was considering the K90 at first; I tend to mention that the K60/90 are not fully mechanical because a majority of people new to the mechanical keyboard market still don't realize this and doing so tends to steer them away from it (terrible decision to save a few pennies, imo).

Back