Copyright Troll Quote of the Day

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by HardOCP News, Oct 15, 2012.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

"I’m the original copyright troll." Well, at least he's honest....about being a scumbag copyright troll.

2. DeathPrincess

DeathPrincess [H]ard as it Gets

I wonder if someone will sue him for prior art? :p

3. Methadras

Methadras [H]ardness Supreme

This guy and people like him require the advocacy of assassinations. Seriously.

4. SkribbelKat

SkribbelKat [H]ardness Supreme

I like that guy. He's totally realistic and tons of people are jealous of him for his success and monies. Lots of people attempt to become lawyers, but very few of them strike it off as well as this guy. I think we all should applaud his realistic perspective rather than feeling personally slighted and envious over things that generally have very little to do with our day-to-day lives.

5. BDS23

BDS23 Limp Gawd

Everyone takes opportunities... But this guy stepped on too many toes.

6. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics I don't get it

Hardly the "original" copyright troll. The MPAA & RIAA were using these tactics long before him weren't they?

7. trynberg

trynberg [H]Lite

Well, I'm sure his wife loves the lifestyle that comes with that kind of income, but him personally? Doubt it. I will still never understand someone who makes money by adding nothing to society and seems proud about it.

8. duncansil

duncansil Limp Gawd

Sociopaths have little or no empathy for their victims.

9. jstnomega

jstnomega [H]ard|Gawd

2 cents: People who play nasty while playing within the rules are not the problem. The rules that allow them to play that way are the problem. & that is an altogether different issue.

10. Serpent

Serpent 2[H]4U

True, but people like that are basically exploiting an obvious flaw. Which they usually promote to stop that flaw from being rectified. Not saying he did that, but I'm not saying he didn't either. I doubt anyone really knows that. But there are definitely others that do do that.

11. pcjunkie

pcjunkie 2[H]4U

I think you have a warped sense of who we should admire. Apparently money is the most important part of your life, which defines your idea of success....but that comes with a price that many would feel ethically unacceptable...I have enough money so I don't see how I could or should be envious of this person.

12. SkribbelKat

Yaay! I like forum head exams! What else did you find in there? Are there any snacks?

13. pcjunkie

pcjunkie 2[H]4U

Yeah, that's the kind of response I would expect from an immature juvenile. Ask your mom, maybe she bought you snacks today!

14. SkribbelKat

Ruh roh! You're actually upset about this thread, huh? I'm sorry, I was just having fun. I didn't mean to make you mad or anything. :( Let's high five and be friends, okay? :)

15. MasonD

MasonD [H]ard|Gawd

[​IMG]

16. SkribbelKat

I love it! Can we nominate this Cheezburger of the day? :D

17. snowcrash

snowcrash Gawd

Says a lot about his wife too. Can't blame her though, not many people choose against money. Live a comfortable life or worry about next month's rent payment. Too bad their children will just be as shallow and superficial as their parents are.

18. lilbabycat

lilbabycat 2[H]4U

I have this thing, this theoretical list. On this list are people's names. If for some reason I get some kind of incurable disease, or learn that I have some life-ending cancer; well.... you can figure it out.

19. MasonD

MasonD [H]ard|Gawd

Looks at your name, pictures a little baby cat killing people :)rolleyes:). Remembers seeing this on the internet years ago.

[​IMG]

Was this you practicing?

20. Spidey329

Spidey329 [H]ardForum Junkie

.. you're going to do all the things on your bucket list because you never lived to begin with?

;)

21. Sickb0y

Sickb0y [H]ard|Gawd

What a tool hope he crashes on his way home and dies. yeah I said it bitches DIES! :mad:

22. morinaga666

morinaga666 n00b

I wouldnt worry too much, life's not perfect for anyone. I would imagine now that the whole internet knows who he is, and cos he has mouthed off he might regret it. I still remember that thing with Ocean Marketing and the penny arcade guy, and that was only a shitty email exchange.

Still Id rather piss on his grave than leave flowers, harsh maybe but I bet its not rich people he's suing, probably the defenseless and poor.

23. jynxycat

jynxycat Limp Gawd

This guy is quite the douche.

His firm never has any intentions of righting the wrong, and protecting his clients. They just threaten and extort people for money because most of the time it pays off. They have no real cases, their 'experts' are just idiots on their payroll who've yet to ever actually prove their methods.

They basically just cast a large net, in the most minimal wage kind of way, and hope to bring in more money than they spend. Numerous judges have called them out on it. Heck, they've even had cases where the defense attorney and this guys' people were in it together.

A real class act. There are scumbag attorneys, and then there's this guy.

24. SkribbelKat

Actually, they just threaten and extort people because some other group of idiots is paying them to do it and becuase the legal system in the US and a number of other first world nations makes it possible to earn a profit doing so.

25. pcjunkie

pcjunkie 2[H]4U

Agreed...its the system that allows these !@#$%^& (or commonly known as lawyers) to live the life of luxury.

26. Darth Millennial

Darth Millennial Gawd

Did he just publically admit to extortion? No real proof anyone accused committed the crime but he strong arms them anyway.

27. beowulf7

beowulf7 [H]ardForum Junkie

It's bad enough to admitting he's the original copyright troll, but he's so proud of it, as if it's some sort of accomplishment. :rolleyes:

28. dandirk

dandirk [H]ard|Gawd

The rub here, is in order to change the rules to not allow every single freaking "immoral" thing will require more laws and bigger government.

At a certain point in a civilized society there has to be some self/mass-regulation. The sad fact is people really don't care as long as it is not in their back yard. Though with a patent troll like this, it is hard for the public to really do anything outside of demanding laws changed.

The above thought and premise is one I find hilarious if spouted by a "small" government conservative, cause at its core it supports more regulation and thus bigger government.

29. Mini-Me

Mini-Me Gawd

That's okay: There's enough hate in my heart for the player, the game, the people who made the game, the refs who maintain the game, and anyone who even hints at liking the game. It's almost enough to make me wish for Cthulhu to come and have his vengeance...almost.

30. Mini-Me

Mini-Me Gawd

Crap, quoted wrong...
    dandirk, most of the above post addressed this quote:

31. flyingears

flyingears [H]Lite

You cant remove copyright entirely as big business could simply screw every entrepreneur out of their hard work, as small business/producers do not have access to the capital to compete with big business in production efficiency.

32. Mini-Me

Mini-Me Gawd

Counterarguments are outside the scope of this thread, but don't worry, your opinion has been accounted for:
    :p

33. Mini-Me

Mini-Me Gawd

ARGH. Not only did I have a revision mistake that I refused to triple-post to correct, but I requoted it without fixing it. UJKDASFKLSDAFJSDJFSJFSDJFhkasf GIMME EDIT NAOW! RAAAAAAAGE!