Copying Win 7 to another HDD, then setting up a dual-boot?

Jellylesg

2[H]4U
So this is a weird one and I wasn't able to phrase it in such a way that google was of any use, so here goes:

I gave my girlfriend all the guts from my PC to go with her new case, so that she could benefit from an upgrade. So we currently have 2x2TB storage drives, and each of us has a 1TB drive which each have our respective OSes on.

Ultimately, I want to be able to dual-boot as it'll be easier than dicking around with all the files, folders and settings and whatnot. So, I'm looking for a way to copy her Win7x64 installation from her drive over to mine, and then set up a boot option prompt so we can select whose OS we use (both being Win 7 X64. I know I could just merge the files, but for various reasons we prefer to have distinct OS setups. Ultimately we'll likely merge into one OS with shared files and folders, but that'll come when she stops being such a disorganised slob). It's not the most elegant, but it's a 1TB drive used exclusively for OS, programs and games, so it would give us another 1TB drive for storage.

I don't have a clue how to go about this as I've always been an unshared computer person. What would be the best way to approach this?

why not just use 2 user accounts.. this lets you have seperate OS settings......

you can then set up permissions to lock each ones folders so they cant save crap where each other shouldnt.

why not just use 2 user accounts.. this lets you have seperate OS settings......

you can then set up permissions to lock each ones folders so they cant save crap where each other shouldnt.

Yeah. I just want to get the existing files/folders over from the old one with minimal fucking around, really.

Back