coppermine Pentium 3's can take ALOT of abuse (service call i made today)

you should throw win2k sp4 on it instead, i run win2k on all my P3 machines, it runs much faster...oh and when you upgrade you interesting in getting rid of that P3 EB, i'll pay shipping and whatever you want for it, i need it for a PC i have that needs a better chip, it's got a coppermine cellery...and those are dog slow..

I tried w2k and hated it =p XP is fine with me.

Sorry but I've already promised my Uncle i'll sell my computer to him.

:( sorry to hear that, maybe it's not to late to RMA the chip?

RMA'ing an abused chip is NOT cool.....overclockers (and people that install stuff wrong) should not RMA as defective, it isn't, you broke it, you pay for it. By RMA'ing stuff like that, you make prices for ALL of us higher...trust me, these companies are not "eating" the losses...they pass them on to you and me...

Why is this so hard to understand?

RMA'ing an abused chip is NOT cool.....overclockers (and people that install stuff wrong) should not RMA as defective, it isn't, you broke it, you pay for it. By RMA'ing stuff like that, you make prices for ALL of us higher...trust me, these companies are not "eating" the losses...they pass them on to you and me...

Why is this so hard to understand?

true, i cant believe that dude killed that chip on purpose though, i would have bought it, hell im sure alot of people on the board would have.

I have a old Coppermine P3, its one of the later ones. You can spot the difference because it says P3E on the cartridge. I have it oc'ed like crazy, 840MHz (1.75V) from 600MHz stock. Its cooled by a compaq passive P2 cooler with a 92mm fan bolted on top. Rock stable. I use it as a media server/utorrent system.

does the E on the end of the coppermines mean Extreme edition...like were they the extreme editions back then?

I put a 933mhz P3 coppermine was going at 72c under load. Was stable as a rock. Too bad the board only could do 700mhz.

cool......I'm thinking about getting another HP w1907 and connect it with my current one!

Back