CoP: Complete and Ceano's mod get updated

bookmarked. I'll take a look when I finish clear skies.

Just finished Clear Sky myself. Damn good game, but Limansk and on became very linear. Say goodbye to the sandbox-style gameplay once you venture into Limansk. Still fun though, and I'm actually kicking my feet around in free-play now that the main story line is completed.

OP thanks for the heads up, I may give CoP Complete another play through.

I should have mentioned it, I spent half of my weekend playing CoP Complete 1.01. I set up the Advanced option and seemed it actually performed better than the original 1.0 release. It looks damn good.

I'll post screens tonight.

Just finished Clear Sky myself. Damn good game, but Limansk and on became very linear. Say goodbye to the sandbox-style gameplay once you venture into Limansk. Still fun though, and I'm actually kicking my feet around in free-play now that the main story line is completed.

OP thanks for the heads up, I may give CoP Complete another play through.

I'm a little miffed that it's so dissimilar from SoC. I'm not a fan of the inventory interface and I'm not crazy about so much of it being about factions. Seems a little "Stalker: Pro Sport manager" to me. My main complaint is I started the game was handed an Ak and told to run out into the swamp and help some guys in a firefight. I ran out unloaded my only clip in a boar attacking me then was instantly killed by radiation.

I'm not digging this can't see shit swamp crap. I hope thats not most of the game.

Now I was a god in Stalker SoC playing on Stalker difficulty so I started Clear Skies on Veteran so maybe it's harder? I don't know.

clear sky is indeed more difficult, at least in my eyes. i died a lot more and in the early stages of the game i really had to focus on conserving ammo (more so than the other two games). the swamps are the worst part of the game IMO, once i got out i stayed out. the other areas are great though.

Glad you guys like the work of our comrades :D

It's so easy to get lost in shear numbers of available mods. Also with performance/config tweaking. That's what happened to me.
I started SoC and CS several times and some new great mod becomes avilable and then...
Or I ponder over some console commands etc...
I only managed to finish CoP.
Going 2nd time now with I think Ceano's mod, also finishing SoC and then I'll deal with CS.

For those who don't know alpha texture antialiasing is avilable in CoP through

"r3_msaa_alphatest st_opt_atest_msaa_dx10_1"
"r3_use_dx10_1 on"

and as of recently AA is avilable on Nvidia (xS and Supersampling) in SoC/CS through Nvidia Inspector. But it's needs alot of VRAM. Don't know if AMD found a way to implement it.

for anyone interested in the Version 1.0.1 change log:

Call of Pripyat Complete Version Changelog
----------------------------------------
Version 1.0.1
- introduces the new Normal and Advanced performance level choices
- fixes missing English and Russian text (by Tharawdeal)
- fixes footstep clicking noises (by sQwurm)
- adds the Jupiter Anomaly Freeze Fix (by MNN)
- fixes skipping cut scene dialogs (by Schizolud)
- fixes faction relations (by Orme)

nothing crazy, not substantial enough for me to reinstall from Version 1.0.0

anybody try Ceanos mod?
I read the changelog, but was still confused as to the differences say with complete?

3AB3D00604D362CE89AFF0BA88C5EBE060041D95

482B1D6EE9C6A6356F962E01D1F3373EB8ED457F

great shots LeninGHOLA. here's some from my first play through with Complete mod:

COP2-1.jpg

COP3-1.jpg

xrEngine2011-02-0613-10-17-00.jpg

xrEngine2011-02-0613-11-16-22.jpg

xrEngine2011-03-1318-57-17-54.jpg

xrEngine2011-03-1318-58-58-30.jpg

xrEngine2011-03-1521-16-46-10.jpg

xrEngine2011-03-1619-19-33-78.jpg

Is it me or do the CoP Complete scopes look stretched. They look like they're created for 4:3 monitors.

Can't remember how's scopes in vanila, but there was that problem in SoC with Gnomes scopes. Usually gets fixed with some mod.

This is an older version of Ceano's Mod. It sank on me, so I cant tell how's different then vanilla. Looks less bloomy then Complete, or maybe I tweaked that :confused:

Starts at night:

cop1k75o.png

cop3d7tt.png

cop2b7mn.png

Scopes are OK. PSO-1:

xrengine2011-05-0508-1z76p.png

xrengine2011-05-0508-1x7bp.png

cop617ia.png

Is that PSO-1 scope shot from Ceano's mod or Complete? These shots are from complete. From what I remember, didn't the original SoC complete have an option to select standard or widescreen scopes? Or maybe that was a different mod. I don't know, but to my eyes the scopes look a little stretched.

Ceano's.

Yes that looks a bit stretched, but much less then what I've seen.

Is that PSO-1 scope shot from Ceano's mod or Complete? These shots are from complete. From what I remember, didn't the original SoC complete have an option to select standard or widescreen scopes? Or maybe that was a different mod. I don't know, but to my eyes the scopes look a little stretched.

http://i.imgur.com/LCgrol.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2Py5kl.jpg

this is how mine looked in CoP Complete. you're right they are a little stretched but it's pretty subtle. i can live with it.

Last I recall, this did not work with crossfire. Anyone know if that is still the case?

Thanks for the reminder op. I am now downloading the 1.01 version since I only have the older 1.00 version, perhaps I might actually get around to playing it when I update.

Thanks for the reminder op. I am now downloading the 1.01 version since I only have the older 1.00 version, perhaps I might actually get around to playing it when I update.

Well just tried to play the complete version, with both advanced and non advanced and both only work on my 6850 with DX9 weird but I'll play it that way in advanced since I think complete looks much better then vanilla even on DX9 vs DX11.

Back