CoolIT Epic 180 info

Its a product sold under the Endoframe Brand (hopefully) soon.

Its not the Stock EPIC 180, but the same OEM. We are working with them to finalize the design.

That sounds pretty cool. heck, I'd get a second one just for my GPU, that would be fantastic.

Any idea which GPU's it will fit? More of a universal design?

Fits all GPU's. Original block fit everything except the 560ti style chips (weird tiny rectangles) but we have changed blocks so they should fit too (new prototype being built atm).

No marketing yet. Everything we have done has been a back to basics style design. Lots of questioning on why things are done the way they are, and redoing it in a better way.

We have a feeling the way we do things will turn the market on its head (big words I know) and so want to keep our cards held close to our chest to give us some lead time ahead of the copycats.

We are pushing as hard as we can. Prototypes are coming out of our ears at the moment.

I want to have something on the market in a month or two hopefully. The only real holdups are pricing (and reducing the suppliers pricing) and our Estore platform.

Being australian based it makes things difficult for international credit card orders, and may have to be paypal only initially.

you should try and get some up to the reviewers like Linus or Elric, or even Newegg's team. Im sure your working on that though.

Yup, next prototype will hopefully be the last revision, then we have 4 pre-production models coming to send out for the first round of reviews (case and cooler combo).

Reviewers already organized, they have seen pics of the case and are chomping at the bit for it.

What's your ideal timeline for having the product available to consumers?

Any word on whether this is going to happen or not? I would love to pick one up when I upgrade to haswell.

Oh, it's gonna happen. I have finalized the costings and margins recently and their NDA for specifications/etc.

Currently waiting on final prototype revisions of our case (which will use this cooler as its core) and we will begin selling asap.

The delays have been a lot longer than I would have liked but unfortunately that's the business world of today.

Will update as soon as we are ready.

Oh, it's gonna happen. I have finalized the costings and margins recently and their NDA for specifications/etc.

Currently waiting on final prototype revisions of our case (which will use this cooler as its core) and we will begin selling asap.

The delays have been a lot longer than I would have liked but unfortunately that's the business world of today.

Will update as soon as we are ready.

Slick! Any idea of price?

Been kicking around the idea of a new mATX build around the TJ08-E, so this would be the perfect cooler for that.

I am also interested in how they are handling installation into different cases. I know the original bracket from Maingear will not fit in the Silverstone FT02 case, and the case would actually need modified to house the cooler in one of the bottom fan slots.

Am I still going to have to modify my FT02, or have they come up with a consumer installation solution?

The ones we have don't have the bracket.

EDIT: You would mount it on a 180mm fan bracket like a 180mm fan.

Currently we are testing a prototype that uses the same radiator and similar block/pumps - thermal testing was completed a few days ago with extremely favorable results.

One particularly interesting test was an overclocked 2600k and gtx 480 (for very high tdp testing) and managed to run it completely passively with prime and rthdrbl.

We do not recommend doing this, however :p

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

...extremely favorable results.

One particularly interesting test was an overclocked 2600k and gtx 480 (for very high tdp testing) and managed to run it completely passively with prime and rthdrbl.

We do not recommend doing this, however :p
:eek: Wow, I'm interested again in buying this closed-system 180mm water cooling setup. It would fit my mATX tower perfect. Any release date?

I am also interested in how they are handling installation into different cases. I know the original bracket from Maingear will not fit in the Silverstone FT02 case, and the case would actually need modified to house the cooler in one of the bottom fan slots.

Am I still going to have to modify my FT02, or have they come up with a consumer installation solution?

I just clipped the rivets on mine and used the fan screw holes to tighten it in to the bottom of my RV03, but yes, it would be better if it didn't require modification.

I already have an EPIC-180 dedicated to my CPU, and I am able to fully tax it, as my 3930k is not a good overclocker, so it requires a lot of voltage to get up in speed, creating lots of heat.

I would be really interested in a GPU dedicated model. Maybe even one with two GPU connectors for a SLI/X-fire setup.

Hey guys.

Some unfortunate news. Our supplier, Coolit, have decided to devote their business to the Server market instead and have backed out of supplying us the units we were going to use.

We have the money and business for them, but it seems they just don't want it.

We are looking into other alternatives.

Hey guys.

Some unfortunate news. Our supplier, Coolit, have decided to devote their business to the Server market instead and have backed out of supplying us the units we were going to use.

We have the money and business for them, but it seems they just don't want it.

We are looking into other alternatives.

That's a bit disappointing, especially since they make all of Corsairs water coolers for them, don't they?

Yes, it sounds fishy to us.

We spent 8 months building a product based on the Epic 180 and they dropped their support for us on our first media sample run. No indication it was coming. We spent a lot of time and money on this.

It looks like initially we wont be able to sell a 180mm sealed loop cooler. At the moment we are focusing on the MITX chassis instead, and supply a pump/rad/res combo with each case to allow the user to put in whatever waterblock and tubing they like.

At the moment that is our only option as no one else makes a 180mm sealed loop unit.

Yes, it sounds fishy to us.

We spent 8 months building a product based on the Epic 180 and they dropped their support for us on our first media sample run. No indication it was coming. We spent a lot of time and money on this.

It looks like initially we wont be able to sell a 180mm sealed loop cooler. At the moment we are focusing on the MITX chassis instead, and supply a pump/rad/res combo with each case to allow the user to put in whatever waterblock and tubing they like.

At the moment that is our only option as no one else makes a 180mm sealed loop unit.

Something similar happened with MainGear when they tried to sell this unit individually out of their cases. They were all gung ho about it, designing packaging for individual sales, etc. and then all of a sudden they could no longer sell it (at least individually) with no explanation.

I can't help but wonder if there is either something in their contract with Corsair that prevents them from doing it, or if Corsair is applying pressure to try to stop them from doing it.

If it's a contract thing though, it's really shitty that they'd let you spend 8 months in development before pulling it...

Back