Cooling tube on Mach II cracked.

2Fresh

2[H]4U
I am just ill over it...ugh :(

Where can I get this fixt?

It looks like the silver flex tube is only soldered into the copper one...I wonder if I can just heat up the copper part and remove the broken piece. I could then put the flex tube into the copper and resolder it.

IF this can be done...how do I refill it?

IMG_1833.JPG

That sux bro. I had the same thing happen to me.

Talk with Chilly1 at XtremeSystems, he charges $235 to do a repair, regas, change filter, add fan switch and some other misc stuff.

I got lucky because mine was modded by him to begin with, I guess he warrenty's them :confused: and he told me he'd fix it for free.

I cant get on at that forum...anyway you could have him contact me? 235 is not bad.

May I suggest something else.
WHy don't you just get baker block with flex tubing mod so this kind of breakage will never happen again while getting regassed? Might be just a little more money but well worth it in long run. Actually, if you go to chilly1 ask for chilly1 block :p

Or another Idea yet would be if you know someone that can braze, have them un-braze the block from the brocken section of the hose, then have them re-braze it back together. If you have a local refrigeration shop they will generally only charge $150 us (That is what it is here in my hometown [Price, Utah] ) to recharge the system and most likely you will be up and running within 1-2 business days :D

Enigma said:
Or another Idea yet would be if you know someone that can braze, have them un-braze the block from the brocken section of the hose, then have them re-braze it back together. If you have a local refrigeration shop they will generally only charge $150 us (That is what it is here in my hometown [Price, Utah] ) to recharge the system and most likely you will be up and running within 1-2 business days :D

$150 for just a charge/?? Ouch. If I could figure out how to do it myslef...We have all of the stuff here. The gauges and coolant.

I would like to send to the Chilly guy, I just cant contact him. Will someone PLEASE contact him and have him mail me, or get me his contact info?

Hey... I gave this same advice in your VC thread :p If you want you can PM me your email address and I'll PM him with the info. Obviously whether he contacts you or not is up to him. He does have a lot of references so I would pay first if needed. They just try and be careful as some people don't know what they are doing and are only good at blaming others.

I wouldn't have bought my mach in the first place since this is a somewhat common problem but I knew I had this to fall back on. People to trust. It will be colder than before... which helps soften the personal hardship of the financial cost.

PM sent. When you manage to get on you could also try PC Ice. Never know how busy each guy is.

or xtwerkz.com where Frank does fix :p
or baker18 himself... don't know if his got much time in hands with all the cascades his pumping out.
While you are at it, might wanna look at chilly 1's r404'd condensor changed mach system. He puts bigger condensor and moves components, getting even lower temperature and more capacity.
Extra $$$ when repairing goes long way as you basically cut down a lot of labor charges that would incur if you want something later (not to mention shipping if it isn't local).
In retrospect, when I got my broken Mach I, this is what I should have done.
Baker block with flex tubing and bigger condensor R404 tuned for 180W or so.
Probably would have costed me $300-$350 is my guess but would have been one kick ass unit that is very unlikely to crack or break, not to mention ease of mounting.

You can replace that with a flexable stainlesssteel braided hose with teflon lining. The ones used in aircraft they are at least good to -150F probably good to -200F and can handle the pressures with no problems you can have them custom made with any fitting you like.You could bend and twist one of the to the day you die and they will never break. Start by looking at truck/trailer or hydrolic line service stores. You could also just phone a local refrigeration service guy. WOW they use that cheap stuff for that.

It is not a problem of fixing it. The problem is refilling it. I cant fing an adapter for it.

I braze all day long, as I make and sell cool rads (www.freshcooling.com). I just cant find an adapter to fit on the fill tube. Chilly1 is going to hook me up, =)

Back