Cooling towers.

Oldwolf

Limp Gawd
A 2 parter.

1. Does anyone remember that watertower the guy had in his kitchen about a year ago??? It had a shower head on top inside, about 6ft of wide lear plexi tubing, fans and a Coleman cooler for the base??? If any of you remember, could ya post a link? Thanks.

2. I remember seeing an external passive blue cooling tower? It's about 2ft high, and I can't remember who makes it. Anyone???

Thank You.

Yeah, it was a big water tower, like what they have at nuclear plants.

I've got the hardware sitting around and was thinking of making one.

The blue tower your thinking of is Zalman Reserator.

The large thing with the shower head is an evaporative cooler. They are normally called bong coolers, you could probably find some info on them here with a forum search, or with a google search. Though you might get some...errr...erroneous results with the google search ;)

Bong coolers can provide low temperatures due to the phase change involved (water to watervapor). However, because of the evaporation you lose coolant much much faster than you do in a regular closed loop watercooling setup. This means that there is a lot more maintenance involved in bong coolers as you have to keep refilling the coolant.

Bong coolers. Wow, I remember when those became popular like 5 years ago. :cool:

They make the surrounding environment way too humid though. :(

Not if you place it outside the house like I plan to. I also have a stream nearby I can use & filter as replacement water.

Hehe, I aughta make it the same curved shape as a nuke plant tower.

Back