Cooling the NB on A8N SLI Premium

HardyOne

Limp Gawd
I have thermocouple probes that measure 4 temps and report them on a drive bay readout. The northbridge temp runs about 47°C at idle and 55+ under load. This may be acceptable, but how can I keep this cooler? Should I get a chipset cooler or just put another fan aimed at it? BTW - my cpu runs at 35°C to 42°C, which is great.
My case (see my sig) is the P180 and has an extra 120mm fan in front of the top HD bay.

I'm not sure how much hotter the premium runs over the deluxe, but my swiftech cooler runs at 27 idle and 32 load. very nice. And I even took off the 40mm fan...

I wouldn't necessarily get rid of it, just add a fan or something else to help it.

I have a coolermaster stacker case, and with the cross flow fan, my north bridge idles about 82 F, so does my FX 55 with the ninja heat sink. This is a premium, my deluxe was running at 86 idle in same case, so with good air flow the premium runs cooler.

You aren't the first thats asked about this......there are active (air) solutions available for the NB, but people tend to forget that the other end of that heatpipe disipates heat from the mosfets. What do you plan to cool those with if you switch out the heatpipe?

Back