cooling system failure shutdown

catkicker

Limp Gawd
I"m getting ready to intall a Corsair watercooling setup. I already have a enermax fan controler with 2 thermal sensor that I will use for monitoring CPU and one other area not sure on that, back to my question. I know there has to be some type of sensor that can monitor watercooling system and if it fails shutdown the computer. I'm not so much worried about when I'm sitting next to the computer, I often walkaway from the computer for just a minute or so and 1 hour later I sit back down at the computer ( wife and 3 kids)LOL. some insurance is a good thing. I have been crusing the various sites and have not found anything yet. Any hints on where to go?

Why not use the mobo feature that shuts down computer when cpu temp reaches a certain level?

Also I believe most modern cpu's have built in over temp protection to prevent them from frying...

top nurse pointed out a product called the "aqua computer TCS" that i have thus fan been unable to find on it's own, that is supposed to bea temperature dependant emergency kill switch.

however, setting your computer to shut off at a certain temperature is safe and easy to do from within the bios, like plywood said.

basically, the TCS is a thermal fuse, placed on the processor heatsink. If/when it exceeds a temperature of 60°c, it switches off. Reset temp is 30°c.

You put it inline with the ATX PS#ON lead on the cable from PSU to mobo. So when the fuse trips, the PSU shuts down immediatley.

Back