Cooling new rig....purchase Jan/Feb 2019...thx

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by RIRed48, Sep 16, 2018.

1. RIRed48

RIRed48 Limp Gawd

Wanted your thoughts...

Son and I are gamers. The new rig strictly for gaming.(FPS and RTS)

Possible/probable components:
    Asus ROG Z390
    Intel i7-8700K or i9-9900K or....
    nVidia 2080ti
    Corsair RAM
    Seasonic PS
    Phanteks Evolv X case

I will OC the new machine (CPU only) hard... So, I want to go to water-cooling the CPU, either w/ an AIO or a more elaborate setup. Current candidates to get:
    AIO's: Reeven Naia 240, Corsair H100i Pro, Alpha Cool Eisbaer 240, EK-MLC-Phoenix
    Water-cool: EK KIT RGB360, or buy individual loop components....another company?

Suggestions for cooling solution for the new rig.... appreciate any/all input...

2. manny1222

manny1222 Gawd

Your post is vague. Are you asking for suggestion on cooling or suggestions on different parts? If it's about cooling, be more explicit. If it's for more pc parts, see the third pinned post titled "Answer these questions first". There you can specify what exactly you want suggestions on. The biggest question that really needs answer is your budget.

3. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

4. RIRed48

RIRed48 Limp Gawd

Last sentence in my post... "Suggestions for cooling solution for the new rig.... appreciate any/all input..."

Budget is not limited.

5. N4CR

N4CR 2[H]4U

assad laugh R.png
    Awesome, wish my dad had done that with me! That said, back then we barely needed heatsinks.. whoops!
    Could take a cool father/son project to next level, go crazy and hard install it into your house with external pump and radiator (e.g. external, underfloor, roof or hallway) for zero room noise and huge heat capacity.
    Or even go chilled water or some sort of crazy chilled water + WC peltier system so you can turn the temperature down or more down when you need it to save power, just use lots of dielectric grease. I have a large tube unopened waiting around for the day I finally do, it used to be very expensive back in the days.
    I'd also wait to see what AMD brings, it might be even faster if you're lucky, especially with a water rig after the PB2 results on Zen+.

6. RIRed48

RIRed48 Limp Gawd

Thanks for the help. Based on these responses I'm sure to be back soon.

7. AP514

AP514 Limp Gawd

Maybe answer the questions that are being asked of you and you might actually get some good responses..What is your budget ? are you wanting to cool both CPU and GPU....water cooling, air what are you leaning toward ?