Cooling new rig....purchase Jan/Feb 2019...thx

RIRed48

Limp Gawd
Wanted your thoughts...

Son and I are gamers. The new rig strictly for gaming.(FPS and RTS)

Possible/probable components:
Asus ROG Z390
Intel i7-8700K or i9-9900K or....
nVidia 2080ti
Corsair RAM
Seasonic PS
Phanteks Evolv X case

I will OC the new machine (CPU only) hard... So, I want to go to water-cooling the CPU, either w/ an AIO or a more elaborate setup. Current candidates to get:
AIO's: Reeven Naia 240, Corsair H100i Pro, Alpha Cool Eisbaer 240, EK-MLC-Phoenix
Water-cool: EK KIT RGB360, or buy individual loop components....another company?

Suggestions for cooling solution for the new rig.... appreciate any/all input...

Your post is vague. Are you asking for suggestion on cooling or suggestions on different parts? If it's about cooling, be more explicit. If it's for more pc parts, see the third pinned post titled "Answer these questions first". There you can specify what exactly you want suggestions on. The biggest question that really needs answer is your budget.

Your post is vague. Are you asking for suggestion on cooling or suggestions on different parts? If it's about cooling, be more explicit. If it's for more pc parts, see the third pinned post titled "Answer these questions first". There you can specify what exactly you want suggestions on. The biggest question that really needs answer is your budget.

Last sentence in my post... "Suggestions for cooling solution for the new rig.... appreciate any/all input..."

Budget is not limited.

Budget is not limited.
assad laugh R.png
Awesome, wish my dad had done that with me! That said, back then we barely needed heatsinks.. whoops!
Could take a cool father/son project to next level, go crazy and hard install it into your house with external pump and radiator (e.g. external, underfloor, roof or hallway) for zero room noise and huge heat capacity.
Or even go chilled water or some sort of crazy chilled water + WC peltier system so you can turn the temperature down or more down when you need it to save power, just use lots of dielectric grease. I have a large tube unopened waiting around for the day I finally do, it used to be very expensive back in the days.
I'd also wait to see what AMD brings, it might be even faster if you're lucky, especially with a water rig after the PB2 results on Zen+.

Thanks for the help. Based on these responses I'm sure to be back soon.

Maybe answer the questions that are being asked of you and you might actually get some good responses..What is your budget ? are you wanting to cool both CPU and GPU....water cooling, air what are you leaning toward ?

Maybe answer the questions that are being asked of you and you might actually get some good responses..What is your budget ? are you wanting to cool both CPU and GPU....water cooling, air what are you leaning toward ?

Maybe you should read the thread...

Budget.... Post #4 > "Budget is not limited."

Cooling both CPU and GPU? ... OP #1 > "...either w/ an AIO or a more elaborate setup..." and "...buy individual components..."

Cooling both CPU and GPU? ... OP #1 > "...either w/ an AIO or a more elaborate setup..." and "...buy individual components..."

GREAT attitude ! !
And thats why you got Nothing.............

Here's why you did not get any suggestions:

1) First and foremost, we will not suggest wasting money on anything that might not work well or at all with your planned components.

2) You should provide a budget. That way, you will be less apt to purchase a combo that provides the absolute worst overall performance for the highest price possible.

Back