coolest trailer (onimusha3)

When I saw this thread I was expecting something well... alright and at best something square soft like quality.

OMG OMFG!!!!

The lighting / camera / textures /enviroment!!!

I know there was motion capture done but there was some points in there I would have taken it as if it were a live action movie!! I mean it was like the completely CG sceenes in the Matrix 2 and 3 if not a bit better. I'm wow I'm like wow!!

I this even has square soft beat! I've never played any of the games but I really want to play this one!

That is all the trailer only if games really looked like that......

sadly they don't

Originally posted by The Other

sadly they don't

Eventually they will :D

I saw a high-res trailer at my friends house. But the URL escapes me, sorry. Didn't Penny Arcade do a comic on this not too long ago?

well i was gona say, "i think i need a new video card :eek:"

but then I saw that its for PS2 and now I dont even care about the game anymore...

woah!!

damn.. be sweet if they made it like a complete full length movie

hi - res please!! :p

Originally posted by S0m30n3
Eventually they will :D

Damn, i was hoping i could say that.:D

Yeah that was an awesome trailer for a game. Someday(not too far off) just imagine when real gameplay looks like that. I wonder what the game itself is like, i haven't played many games for my PS2 since i bought it a couple of years ago, probably about 3 or 4 games at most, so i really don't know the series that well, but i'll have to look into it now.

Originally posted by The Other

ive never played 1 or 2 of this series, after this vid im gonna check them out...

but even if the 3rd one isnt great as for gamplay...the cg is like a huge bonus....ill rent it just to watch these bad ass cg movies at high res. i havent played my ps2 in like 2 months...but im taking it back out just for this.

Some background:

The CG stuff was done by ROBOT, a Japanese multimedia company. ( http://www.robot.co.jp ) They do all sorts of movie, animation, CG Stuff. Too bad they can't put together a cohesive web site. Chalk it up to my lack of knowledge of the Japanese language.

seriously man, they just needa start making some movies that are like that. that's worth keeping

Absolutely amazing. Taking the trailer by itself (and not talking anything about the game), it's a fantastic piece of work. Indeed, real movies ought to start taking this cue. Of course, it was probably insanely expensive to produce, but man...incredible.

Onimusha was one of the only games I've played through to completion. (Well, I must confess that I didn't quite finish Onimusha, but I was one stage away.) Onimusha 2 didn't really do it for me, though. Perhaps I'll have to give both games another go.

Originally posted by HRslammR
seriously man, they just needa start making some movies that are like that. that's worth keeping
They did. It was called Final Fantasy: The Movie. No one went.

Rent the Animatrix and there's also a great CG short that's really good.

Final Fanstasy The Spritins Within. All it had was great GC.... and nothing more.

Great trailer btw, still looking for the hi-res version.

Originally posted by EnforcerGT
Final Fanstasy The Spritins Within. All it had was great GC.... and nothing more.

Yeah i bought the DVD, I'm not even a fan of the series but i was impressed by the CG so i had too see what it looked like. It was very impressive but the movie was nothing special.:rolleyes:

Downloading the trailer right now, but I want to say something regarding games and how the look.

Do you guys remember when PS One had CG for Final Fantasy and everyone was like, "OMG that was soo realistic..." games nowadays looked like the CG parts of games from back in the day. Isn't it weird how in the future games will look like the CG that we are seeing right now?

But I played Onimusha 1 and Onimusha 2 and I can't wait for Onimusha 3.

Yeah, I'm sold, that was cool. But for those of you that played any of the Onimusha series, the control is stiff tho. Maybe the reworked the control so that the character actually moves more like Devil May Cry and not Resident Evil like.

Originally posted by Chelica
Downloading the trailer right now, but I want to say something regarding games and how the look.

Do you guys remember when PS One had CG for Final Fantasy and everyone was like, "OMG that was soo realistic..." games nowadays looked like the CG parts of games from back in the day. Isn't it weird how in the future games will look like the CG that we are seeing right now?

But I played Onimusha 1 and Onimusha 2 and I can't wait for Onimusha 3.

Its not wierd at all we just dont have the hardware. And when we do its gonna be butiful everyone is gonna be playing games that look like that on there plasma screens and broadband is getting cheaper and we get mroe bandwidth... I better stop before I have an accident

Originally posted by S0m30n3
I better stop before I have an accident
Judging by the spelling and grammar, it's too late. :p

Seriously, for the past ten years you could pretty much do anything in CG, given enough time, equipment and monkeys. The main advances in CG have been in the areas of tools and plug-ins. As computers get faster and have more memory, rendering times go down.

But often there is a concious decision by the developer to *NOT* go the full realistic CG route for cutscenes. The main reason is cost. (Let's not kid ourselves.) From a design perspective, it's jarring to the player to go from ultra-realistic back to hokey game engine and back to ultra-realistic CG. It's why almost every game uses the game engine to do a cut scene. (Intro movies tend to be the exception.)

As the game engines become more powerful, then you'll notice the cutscenes become more and more detailed. Go back to any game in the past and you'll notice this. For instance, Final Fantasy VII had in it's CG shots, incredibly detailed backgrounds, cities and vehicles. However, all the characters were kept simple. That's because it matched what was in the game. FFVIII had a more detailed main character. That was reflected in the CG. Now move to FFX and you'll see that Tidus and the CG Tidus are just about alike with exception to polygonal detail.

Onimusha 3 is the same. The textures for the charactes match the actors very carefully. Jean Reno looks like Jean Reno. The game engine can come pretty close to what the CG can do (on a simplified level) so that's one reason why ROBOT made the CG movie so well.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Thats amazing......... Wish the sound played fluidly though but its so good, it doesn't need sound.......eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Originally posted by Torgo
Judging by the spelling and grammar, it's too late. :p

Seriously, for the past ten years you could pretty much do anything in CG, given enough time, equipment and monkeys. The main advances in CG have been in the areas of tools and plug-ins. As computers get faster and have more memory, rendering times go down.

But often there is a concious decision by the developer to *NOT* go the full realistic CG route for cutscenes. The main reason is cost. (Let's not kid ourselves.) From a design perspective, it's jarring to the player to go from ultra-realistic back to hokey game engine and back to ultra-realistic CG. It's why almost every game uses the game engine to do a cut scene. (Intro movies tend to be the exception.)

As the game engines become more powerful, then you'll notice the cutscenes become more and more detailed. Go back to any game in the past and you'll notice this. For instance, Final Fantasy VII had in it's CG shots, incredibly detailed backgrounds, cities and vehicles. However, all the characters were kept simple. That's because it matched what was in the game. FFVIII had a more detailed main character. That was reflected in the CG. Now move to FFX and you'll see that Tidus and the CG Tidus are just about alike with exception to polygonal detail.

Onimusha 3 is the same. The textures for the charactes match the actors very carefully. Jean Reno looks like Jean Reno. The game engine can come pretty close to what the CG can do (on a simplified level) so that's one reason why ROBOT made the CG movie so well.

Yeah my grammar isnt that great its horrible but you better be 100% perfect at what your criticizing people for before you go spouting off at the mouth. It's not cutscene or cut scene it is cut-scene. Get your shit straight before you try and criticize someone with your infinite knowledge or in your case lack of.

Have a good day

Oh, for the love of a minor deity, grow up. The concepts of smiley faces and wit is totally lost on you. Just accept the fact that the way you wrote your post was pretty funny, laugh at the whole thing and move on. If you actually read what I wrote with a degree of understanding, you'll notice that I commented on your post in a serious tone. That would be the part after I wrote the word "seriously".

FYI - It is spelled cutscene.

Hoooooly hell that little swordfight at the end was fucking incredible.

And I'm sorry, but Jean Reno with a katana? Why not give Prince a Magnum and call it a trio?

Becasue he is the only cool french person i know dosn't matter if he is holding a croissant or a Katana he is da Man :D

Originally posted by Chelica
Jean Reno also has a shotgun tho.

I don't he has any sword play in the game......

he needs to stick to guns,

the professional is one of the best flicks ever.

Ok when this video came out I made a thread WAY back when I do believe...

Jean uses a sword that turns into a whip, like Ivy from Soul Calibur or the bad guy from Brotherhood of the Wolf.

He is more towards the whip usage than gun.

This trailer and the MGS3 trailer rock. When Snake is firing and the fire and the awesome music. :D

Back