CoolerMaster Stacker 830/832 Refurbs - $50

Links aren't working.

I own a Stacker 832 that has seen very little use and I loved it. It worked very well as a file server until I moved everything into a rackmount setup.

I had enough room to put in 3 5x3.5" hot swappable drive bays (15 drives total) in mine.

Loud case obviously with the mesh front and sides but before I turned into a silent seeking lunatic I used one of these and absolutely loved it. Removable mobo tray, incredible cooling, and excellent styling (IMO). I thought I got a steal of a deal at 120 from newegg. This is HOT!

Sorry about the links, they're fixed now.

And yes, this deal is definitely pretty hot. I haven't decided what to do with the 832 when I get mine, but I'll definitely be keeping it for something.

I would get one of these for a file server, but then the hot-swappable cages are expensive.

I suppose I could just use a rubber-band-like suspension system (I found something called stretch-magic used on SPCR). That would be essentially a free mounting setup, and the case would support at least 9 suspended drives by default... good enough for me.

Niiice price, very tempting. I just have to remind myself I just re-cabled my modded Antec 300 and it looks so good I have no reason to buy. Although an aluminum full tower is mighty tempting. Must resist, it has no cable routing!

holy hookers batman... that's a good price on those.. very temped. :p

Hot? No.

Surface of the sun hot? HELL YES! I used to fantasize about this case, along with the Cosmos S, but the lack of cable management turns me off. Tempted to get one just for the hell of it though. :p

Oh also! Forgot to put this in the OP, but for those complaining about the drive cage prices, the case includes 1, and an addition of 2 more can be installed. With my case I purchased 2 more from the Cooler Master store ($10 each), for a total of $30 with shipping. Just food for though in case anyone is on the edge.

Here's a link
http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/product_info.php?cPath=18_25&products_id=124

As an added bonus, it comes with a fan that retails for $8 by itself.

Oh also! Forgot to put this in the OP, but for those complaining about the drive cage prices, the case includes 1, and an addition of 2 more can be installed. With my case I purchased 2 more from the Cooler Master store ($10 each), for a total of $30 with shipping. Just food for though in case anyone is on the edge.

Here's a link
http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/product_info.php?cPath=18_25&products_id=124

As an added bonus, it comes with a fan that retails for $8 by itself.

WoW... nice find. It seems that the refurbished price is only $3 off though.

Here is the same item on newegg with better pics: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817993002

Edit: and DAMNIT! The 832 is OOS... oh well...

Does anyone know why the 830 says W/O windows? Does that mean its missing a side panel?

Does anyone know why the 830 says W/O windows? Does that mean its missing a side panel?

i think there's a version of the panel that has an acrylic window. this is just to let you know that you will be getting side panels with mesh and not acrylic.

I wish the 830's shipping wasnt so expensive to ms. I can justify buying it now, because for the same price i can get the 692 which is what I really want.

I already have 3 cases I'm not using, and I would've gotten one of these had it not been for $32.xx shipping. Had an 832 and a couple 4 in 3 bays in my cart all ready to go, but the total was over $100 :(
Luckily I'm cheap enough my wallet stayed shut, this time anyways.

I'm really hoping for a good deal and free shipping on an ATCS 840.

Archmage said:
I would get one of these for a file server, but then the hot-swappable cages are expensive.

I suppose I could just use a rubber-band-like suspension system (I found something called stretch-magic used on SPCR). That would be essentially a free mounting setup, and the case would support at least 9 suspended drives by default... good enough for me.

Expensive, but worth it. Most cages are built like tanks so even if you got rid of the case you can keep the cages around.

It made a great file server for about a year - and due to its size was very easy to clean with the old air compressor when it got dusty.

i was gonna get an 832... But i have two cases here already waiting for me to Build something in them.

ABS Black Pearl
Coolermaster 690-II Both Brand new, never used. Still in boxes.

i was gonna get an 832... But i have two cases here already waiting for me to Build something in them.

ABS Black Pearl
Coolermaster 690-II Both Brand new, never used. Still in boxes.

Ahhh I still regret not picking up an ABS Black Pearl back when newegg had them on sale for $99 with free shipping.

This is a great deal non the less.

Reviews don't seem to great, two of 3 said their cases were messed up.

Back