Coolermaster Centurion 5 Opinions

CrazyBeaner

Limp Gawd
im still debating on wat case to get, so wat are the thoughts on centurion 5? if i do get it i plan to paint the inside black and add carbon fiber film the the front silver sides, and wat are opinions on airflow?

pics of the case if u own it will be appreciated or mods uved done to it

I LOVE my centurion 5. I use it as a file-server...

It's really nice! Best <75$ case IMO.

i was going to get the C5 but i got the cm 330 instead because it has a 120mm front intake instead of the c5's 80mm.

I just built my Daughters Computer in a C5, I was debating keeping it and giving her my Gigabyte 3d Aurora. Airflow is pretty good considering the front fan is only 80mm, but with the Mesh front and the 120mm in the rear it actually works really well.

I love my 534. The hard drive cage is easy to remove, or you can mod the rails a bit and flip the drives around so you can't see the wires. Also, if you throw in a Scythe Kama Bay as a second intake, you can't beat the cooling.

It's a nice case for the $50 mark and really nothing can beat it in that price range. I'm however growing tired of it since classier cases usually bring a smile to my face, but hey if your on a budget and like the styling of it, then by all means go get one! Good construction and fairly adaptable.

It's an awesome case. IMO there are no better cases under $100(though I think the Aerocool Masstige is around $100, and it's also a really nice case). I definitely recommend it if you're looking to spend under $75.

I ran out of money buying the stuff that went into my comp (and the peripherals), so I chose the cheapest non-plastic case I could fine. Got this case.

I removed the bezel and took out the stock fans, snipped out the fan grills, removed both side panels and have the power/reset button module face down on the desk so all I have to do is slam my hand down on it to get the thing to start instead of going through the trouble of locating it on the case and pushing the button in the dark.

Also, if you have the optical drive on the fourth bay down from the top, the top three opt. drive bays can be used to cram all the excess cables streaming down from the PSU (in my case an OCZ Powerstream).

Case is pretty solid for a sub-$100 product, unlike flimsy pieces of aluminum crap such as the Antec Super LANBoy.

Back