CoolerMaster 690 II Advanced

i mean with modding by drilling the mounting holes but i am really taking out the front stock 120mm and using a 140mm

edit just finished cleaning the case and top filter is has no point onless it is intake. its just keep all the dust inside the case and reducing airflow out. .

Last edited:
Not finished yet. Basically waiting on my copy of Win7 to arrive before I really finish anything.

img0124im.jpg

Ive had this case for a few months now and love it! I do have an issue with the PC shutting off sometimes if I plug a headset or use the front usb port. I hear what sounds like static electricity or something when it shuts off. I love it though

Ordered my basic yesterday for $60CAN with free shipping. I went and checked it out in store and am really exited about how easy it will be to mount my mcr220 in such a cheap case.

Yeah I was planning on waiting and saving up for a FT02 or something substantial but my 900 was showing its age, and for 60 shipped it was to hard to pass.

Love the case, no complaints. The top dock woulda been useful, but I have an external HDD case anyway, woulda just saved me a couple minute swapping HDDs, no biggie.

I picked up a couple extra CM R4 140mm fans, but I think im gonna grab either some Aerocool 140mm or the NZXT 140mm to fill the extra spots.

Anyone have any strong recommendations? the NZXTs have been getting good reviews. Just wanna swap out some of the 120s to get my idle noise down a little since I dont have a fan controller to swap between idle/gaming.

Here's how mine is looking at the moment.

mr0rC.jpg

Yes those are IDE drives and no they won't be being changed for a while. Reusing what I can so i'll be running them with my old XP installation until i can scrounge enough money up for Win 7 + SATA HD. Obviously, still need to get that CPU, RAM and GPU but that shouldn't change the wiring significantly (the PCIEX cables are dangling into the 5.25 area already). Overall I'm pretty happy, I've got no window so I'm not concerned about it looking perfect, just good enough for great airflow. My only complaint with the case is that I'm finding the paint job quite prone to scratches. Of course this in large part due to me being a clumsy asshole, and banging the case all over the place.

hahaha...I see what you mean...it is flush against the wall and there are some rubber feet I screwed down..its a physics thing I guess

Here's a build that I've just finished building for a friend. GTX 460, Asus P7P55D Pro, i5 760 at 4.05GHz, couple of Samsung Spinpoints (F3 500GB and F4EG 2TB), and a CM Hyper 212 Plus.

Apologies in advance for the quality of the pictures, iPod touch 4G camera :S

Overall, really great case. I was wanting a Lian Li PC-7FN...but the price of this, along with quality, which is in a different league to my CM690, has made me decide to get this for my next build instead.

Last edited:
No, it can't, 120mm fans only. To be honest, I'd say that they are slightly pointless...in most systems, the bottom fan is going to be blocked by cables, and you'd have to remove the hard drive bays to get to the front bottom one.

Hi all, I've just finished my CM690II.

The Front ...

and the Back ...

Fans ahead HDD are fixed with two alluminum stirrups, matt black painted.

I think I need to rewire after look at your insane job jack_burton1985.
Stellar job.

I did upgrade my rig recently. Went from a CoolerMaster V8 to a Corsair H50. I added an extra 120mm to the radiator, using the push/pull configuration. However, I don't have it pulling air from the back of the case and in, rather blowing out in the normal fashion out the back of the case.

Went a step further after these pics were taken to take a few q-tips and some rubbing alcohol to clean off all the fans... and give the case one hell of a dusting.

Anyways, here are the new pics.

dscn09190.jpg

dscn0918u.jpg

dscn0929p.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody know the fix to the grounding issue with the front usb and a/v jacks? Mine keep grounding out and shutting my pc off. Help!!!!!!

Nevermind, retired this pos case to backup duties. Gonna go buy a brand new one and do the ground mod to it.

Last edited:
Seems to me only people that have this case on carpet are having this grounding issue.

Nope. I was having this issue and I place my pc on my desktop. Well the desk is sitting on carpet if that means anything. I haven't had the grounding issue since replacing the supplied, black motherboard screws with a regular, uncoated set of screws. I also removed the usb panel and sanded the paint off the retaining screws for it.

Well up to you.

My boy has one of those Antec cases and I much prefered the 690 II but I also have a fan controller and got rid of all the stock ones so it may just be easier for you to swap it.

I am in love with this case! Way easier than my Antec 900. Still a WIP, need some cable sleeves, etc.

Seasonic X-750 PSU, ASUS 6970 2GB Videocard, Intel e6600 @ 2.4 GHz, ASUS P5E WS Professional, 4 GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2, 10x LG Blu-Ray Burner, 640 GB WD Caviar Black, 2 TB WD Caviar Green

Back