CoolerMaster 690 II Advanced

The bottom 4 HDD cages are removable. You take the trays out and unscrew the cages. At least on the 690 II Advanced.

I'm thinking about buying this case to replace my Antec 300. I was wondering how many fan openings are there in this rig? I'm also thinking about buying the clear side door to replace the stock door later down the road.

Back 120mm (comes with case)
Front one 140 (comes with case)
Bottom 2x 140
Top 2x 140 or 2x120 (one 140mm comes w/advanced case)

the front fan is 140mm, is it posible to place two 120mm fans in its place and have it be flush with the bottom most 5.25 drive bay?

I bought this case finally and i'm 100% pleased with it. It looks sick!

IMG_0146.jpg

Last edited:
Can anybody verify if a 5970 fits in this case?

There is 12 " of space for Video Cards reference on 5970 is 12.5 only one I think that will fit is a Sapphire 4gb version (AC 3 fan cooler version) but that is going to be a tight fit.

its a tight fit but ill post pics asap. Another thing i noticed was after layering the all the wires on teh back side of the case it was still really hard to close. But as for space and cooling it gets an A+

I read the case manual and it says there is 304mm's for vga's. The 5970 is around 309mm, unless some models are slightly smaller than others or maybe the cables are side mounted instead of toward the hard drive slots

just curious, but has anyone seen any pictures of dual 2x120 rads installed into this case yet?

I've been thinking of pulling it off when I've got some more income going, but would like to know what the limits are. so far I have the swiftech mcr220 (2x gt ap-15 on intake up top), thermochill 120.2 (4x gt ap-15 push-pull intake on the bottom) with the corsair 950tx in mind (still unsure if the 950tx+120.2 will fit down there). may have to cook up a few minor mods to make sure airflow is optimal, but it shouldn't be a problem (probably toss a hidden exhaust fan behind the 5.25" drive bays or something similar, I mean the case is pretty much riddled with holes). the idea is for it to have that 'basic' look with a nice build shoehorned inside, the only thing standing out being a tinted window on the main access panel (just reroute the fan led switch on the top-front for interior lighting, lol).

very nice case for the price either way.

Here's a new shot of mine. I just added an Asus Crosshair IV Formula to mine. I plan on removing the 140mm blue led case fan and adding a couple red ones. Should look tough!
IMG_0155.jpg

Finally "finished" this just in time for this past weekends LAN party. Probably won't change until I go to a full water cooling setup. The 3M di-noc film on the H50 is there because when I had it in my previous case (Scout) the logo was upside down :)

IMG_1366.jpg

I made the 24pin extension from some cable I got from a PS maker. Quite the pita to get the pins crimped on and lined up but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

IMG_1367.jpg

Third picture is of the wiring harness that powers the front panel (120mm) and rear panel (80mm) fans, the bottom intake fan (140mm), the two top exhaust fans (120mm) and the white LED bar that's hidden at the top of the case. The LED bar is also controlled by the built in light switch. The harness sends 12v to the bottom and rear panel fans as well as the LED light and 7v to the rest of the fans.

IMG_0789.JPG

I also swapped out the blue front fan for red and changed the disk activity light to blue to match the bluray drive activity light.

IMG_1372.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Steve

This is absolutely the best cable management I've ever seen. I just received my CM 690 II advanced yesterday and your cables seem to be completely different from mine (from the colors to the lengths). How did you make everything so perfect?

DSCN0320.jpg

DSCN0309.jpg

DSCN0310.jpg

CM 690 II
CM 460w PSU
Gigabyte EP45-UD3L
E8400
4GB G.skill 1066
XFX 5770
640GB WD HDD
1TB Hitachi HDD

Just ordered a Xigmatek Dark Knight today. Sorry if the pictures suck; I know nothing about photography.

I actually have the basic version of the case, but oh well :p

Last edited:
This is absolutely the best cable management I've ever seen. I just received my CM 690 II advanced yesterday and your cables seem to be completely different from mine (from the colors to the lengths). How did you make everything so perfect?

Thanks! It took a lot of work to get it the way it is and it's not quite where I want it. I've actually made a few changes since the pictures.

Anyways, the only wires that haven't been touched are the 24pin cable. The 8pin cpu power cable I extended and the rest I made from scratch from a roll of black wire and a bunch of connectors and terminals bought from a vendor. It's easier to route them if you can dictate the exact length of each wire.

The SATA cables I searched and found some in the lengths that were what I needed.

Steve

you could get NZXT Cables like these

Thanks! It took a lot of work to get it the way it is and it's not quite where I want it. I've actually made a few changes since the pictures.

Anyways, the only wires that haven't been touched are the 24pin cable. The 8pin cpu power cable I extended and the rest I made from scratch from a roll of black wire and a bunch of connectors and terminals bought from a vendor. It's easier to route them if you can dictate the exact length of each wire.

The SATA cables I searched and found some in the lengths that were what I needed.

Steve

:O! If you have time, could you please upload a few pictures of your new setup? I'd love to see!

That's amazing how you can improvise your own cables from scratch. I have the same PSU as you do, and yes, the 8-pin CPU power cable is way too short to route behind the motherboard. Could you please direct me to where I can buy a cheap 8-pin extender and shorter SATA cables? (I ask, because I don't know what good prices for those items are.) TIA!

you could get NZXT Cables like these

Thanks. I'll look into this.

Well I am joining the club today as I get pay, I will pick up the basic ver :) I have Nzxt fans to install on this bad boy.

I will buy some they cables also next month and order the side window in sept.

Hey baneonrt, What fans are those on your Corsair H50? Those look pretty wicked. If you have a part # or a link to where to get those it would be apprciated.

Nice wire management, btw. I'm not a fan of Cooler Master Cases but your wiring job makes this one look fabu! :D

Hey baneonrt, What fans are those on your Corsair H50? Those look pretty wicked. If you have a part # or a link to where to get those it would be apprciated.

Nice wire management, btw. I'm not a fan of Cooler Master Cases but your wiring job makes this one look fabu! :D

Thanks! Those are coolermaster Excalibur fans. Fairly loud at full voltage but still move a lot of air when turned down. Got them on sale at Performance PCs a while back.

Steve

07262010003.jpg

07262010004.jpg

I am in love with this case

cable management plans

- sleeve the power/reset/hdd/power led cables coming from the top of the case
- remove the eSATA cable and audio from top panel as I don't using them.

Last edited:
Just curious, has anyone had any grounding issues with the USB sockets on the top of the case? I've read this case is pretty poor in the grounding department?

I'm planning to get one of these but I had an awful experience with the previous version concerning HDD temps. Has anyone put 4+ HDDs and monitored temps?

i have in 5 drives right now and highest, any of the new drives highest have goto was 42c.

Last edited:
42c is a little high for me, what's approx. your room temp? (it's winter here ;)

Can anyone confirm if the basic version has removable hard drive cages like I've seen with the advanced?

Also looking forward to seeing how nice an EVGA motherboard looks in this case.

So I just got my CM 690 II Advanced from NewEgg. Made the upgrade from the original CM 690. I'm very happy with the design changes made in the newer model. I still want to invest some real time in the wiring behind the motherboard tray. That's down the road, though.

Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced. Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400, overclocked slightly from 2.66GHz to 3.2GHz. Cooler Master V8 Heatsink/Fan. 8GB of G.Skill DDR2 800 memory, overclocked slightly to 961Mhz. EVGA GTX 460 1GB. Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Mobo. Antec NewPower 650w Blue Modular PSU. Western Digital Black 1TB HDD. Asus Black 24X DVD Burner. AeroCool F6XT 6 Fan Controller. Rocketfish Multimedia Card Reader. 1 140MM Cooler Master Blue LED case fan, 1 140mm Cooler Master case fan, 3 120mm Cooler Master Blue LED case fans, 1 120mm Cooler Master case fan... I think that's everything...

dscn0866c.jpg

dscn0867k.jpg

dscn0871.jpg

dscn0877.jpg

dscn0873w.jpg

dscn0879w.jpg

dscn0876b.jpg

dscn0881j.jpg

Last edited:
Looking very nice guys. I'm also very happy with the case but I currently have a non-modular PSU so it's kind of a mess inside my machine atm. I did just order a Corsair HX750 though, which should clear most of it up. I will probably be going the way of baneonrt's cable management, it looks really nice and tidy.

I just hope the 8 pin power connector is long enough to go behind the mb.

Ordered my basic yesterday for $60CAN with free shipping. I went and checked it out in store and am really exited about how easy it will be to mount my mcr220 in such a cheap case.

And the price premium of the Advanced over that of the Basic isn't as much as their prices seem to indicate. This is because in addition to missing a top-mounted SATA dock, the Basic does not include a top cooling fan at all - it comes with only one 140mm front fan and one 120mm rear fan. The top fans are optional with the Basic but one 140mm top fan is standard with the Advanced. Both cases can accommodate two 120mm or 140mm top fans, as well as two left-side-panel fans from 80mm to 140mm.

Back