Coolermaster 590, Antec 300, or..

Slªde

Weaksauce
Looking for a mid-tower. Like the look of the CM 590 and Antec 300. Willing to consider others.

No special needs, just using one hard drive, a couple 5.25" bays, large cpu heatsink, atx, full size power supply.

Primary concerns are the usual, airflow, maybe quiet, price, etc.

Any big reasons one is better than the other, or maybe a third option to consider?

Lian Li A05B? See the big thread in this forum about it. A lot of people love this case.

This order LL A05B, CM 590, Antec 300
Going on this criteria: Looks, Design, Airflow
If airflow was your biggest concern then pick the CM 690. I built a system on both and that's my opinion.

Yeah I too would add the 690 to that list. Just picked one up. Great case for the money.

AO5B is interesting, not sure I like the look but definitely the size reduction. Does it fit all of these comfortably?

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R Intel P45 Motherboard
Xigmatek HDT-S1283 Heatsink
All modern video cards
Antec True Power Trio 650W

If price is a major concern, I'd go with the Antec 300. It's $70 with free shipping, as opposed to the the 590 and 690 which are around $92 and $98 shipped.

$70 with free shipping? That's a bit much for a 300 isn't it? You can find 590s for approximately $60 before shipping...

I vote for the 590/690 since cabling is going to be much easier with the addition of holes in the backplane.

I would prefer the 590 out of all those cases, although the A05 is really nice if you're okay with a smaller case.

I've had my 590 for about 3 months and it is a very nice case for the price. Decent cable management, tons of airlfow. too many fan mounts, very roomy. Fit my SLId 9600GTs and now my HD 4870 with room to spare.

I went back and forth between the 300 and the 590 and ended up going with the 590.

Picked it up for $55 at MicroCenter.

I've been putting my own systems together for about 13 years now and the 690 is easily my favorite case.

Not too tall, but still lots of room. Awesome airflow. Nice cable management features.

My only knock, and it's a small one, is that 'front' USB, SATA, and firewire ports aren't really in front of the case, but on top, so I have to slide the case half way out of my desk when I want to use them.

Back