Cooler that works with AM4 - new cooler doesn't fit with backplate

bagelnagel

Weaksauce
I recently purchased an Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo air cooler. Installation was going great until I tried to mount the cooler to the CPU - the pegs provided by Arctic weren't high enough for the mounting brackets to pass through, let alone try to screw the thumb screws onto the pegs. I have an Asus Tuf X570 Gaming Plus, stock backplate.

If Arctic can't provide a solution to the issue, I'll have to return the cooler. Any recommendations for an air cooler for AM4 MB? The case I'm using is a Caselabs Bullet BH7.

With Bullet BH7 only having 146mm CPU clearance means Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo would not let you put case cover one anyway. There are not a lot of cooler that will fit. What websites can you buy from? Give us links and then we can pick from what you have available.

With Bullet BH7 only having 146mm CPU clearance means Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo would not let you put case cover one anyway. There are not a lot of cooler that will fit. What websites can you buy from? Give us links and then we can pick from what you have available.

D'oh!! Massive mistake on my part. I'm in the US, so Amazon, Newegg, Bestbuy, etc. I'm not close to a Microcenter.

OK, after doing some research, I think I'm going to go with the CryoRig H7 Plus. Thoughts?

I used the Scythe Mugen 5 Rev B on a Ryzen 3600 build for a friend and it seemed pretty nice for the size.

Mugen 5 is good but is 154.5mm tall and OP's case only has 146mm CPU clearance. Mugen 5 won't fit in the case.

Back