Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

Does anyone have any good recommendations for painting this baby?

I've found the following 'working scheme': sand - primer - sand - primer - sand - paint - paint. Planning to do this with just 2 spraying cans of black primer and 2 of paint (satin black).

I don't need it to look like a bugatti veyron, I just want a decent paint job that doesn't scratch off terribly easy.

Anyone got any tips? I'll be posting pics!

I'd also recommend a surface prep/cleaner to remove any oils from finger prints or the factory. Another thing that's always worked well for me is Klean-Strip's Bulldog Adhesion Promoter. Adding in these two steps will help keep the paint from flaking off. You can usually find the surface prep and Bulldog in the automotive section at WalMart or an auto body supply store. As for scratching; about all you can do is add more layers. You can do this either with more paint or with a series of clears depending on what finish you want. I'm planning this case for my upcoming build and I'm thinking about powdercoating, but at this point it's pretty much just a thought since I haven't even called around for prices.

The PSU reached fine, i just switched from my super lanboy to it and it is great so far. I don't have a camera and my cables are pretty messed up inside:(.

Anyone who did the "does it come in black"-batman-esque thing with their case nice job. btw redrumy, would that be a 3-slot vidcard setup there. whoa. :D

Did anyone else feel like the motherboard mounting spots did not match up to the board well?

Didn't have any problems here. The old Centurion was out though, my graphics card wouldn't go in quite right.

Pics of my modded CM690. I bought a P182B so I need to get rid of the CM690.
Looking to get rid of it now.

Did a decent job modding it. I cut off the back panel lip to give more room for wires and taped off the sharp edge. Did not have a decent dremel so it didn't work too well. Took out the hardrive cage because I got scythes hard drive holder that fits into the 5.25 bay. More air comes in from the front.

Yes Newegg failed in packaging the window and the corner was damaged. Turns out they did that to everybody. Still fits fine but they won't cover it.

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture028.jpg

anyone tried putting wheels like caster wheels (or whatever you call em) like the one on those Lian Li's cases..

I just picked one of these up from a local on craigslist for 40$! new in box. such a deal.

I'm looking at this case, how many fans does it come with? There seems to be alot.

What have you guys done about the side fan whine? I've put 2 fans in there and loosened the screws (read that here before, seemed weird and didn't work) and it still makes that annoying noise. I have it hooked up to a fanbus right now and it seems to go away at the 7v range, but I'd rather it be 100% and not making noise like every other fan in the case.

Is there room to put a cathode under this case? I really really want blue under lighting on this case, but don't know if there's room.

The damn window still costs close to what most ppl paid for just the damn case.

What have you guys done about the side fan whine? I've put 2 fans in there and loosened the screws (read that here before, seemed weird and didn't work) and it still makes that annoying noise. I have it hooked up to a fanbus right now and it seems to go away at the 7v range, but I'd rather it be 100% and not making noise like every other fan in the case.

I took a few old 120 MM fans and broke the fan part out of it, and used the frames to lift the fan off the metal.

DSC00401.jpg

Just finished up my mod on a CM690:
10_FrontShot.jpg

7_Threecoatslater.jpg

SideOpen.jpg

Sideshot3.jpg

Sideshot.jpg

Not too bad. Question is, whats next on my hit list?

I used three coats of gray primer followed by Rustoleum flat black (6 coats), sanding between each coat with 400 grit sand paper. It came out really smooth and even.

I used three coats of gray primer followed by Rustoleum flat black (6 coats), sanding between each coat with 400 grit sand paper. It came out really smooth and even.
does the case use rivets? if so, did you replace them or use a 6-32 tap and put screws in?

Xeanor and MrE

quick question:

did you guys tear the case apart (remove rivets) to have the paint nice and even along the drive hdd/cd cages

Hi guys,
Glad to finally find a CM 690 here. I too have this beautiful case and would like to post some pictures.

However, I have a quick question. I have an Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W PSU and it is quiet long. Also, its cables are pretty short. I am having problem in routing those cables towards the back of my case due to the small HOLE size that is right next to the PSU.

I wonder if it would be possible to actually make this hole a little longer so that I can actually route all my cables to the back of the case??:confused::confused:

If it is possible can someone please tell me how and what are ALL the tools required in order to make it happen?:confused::confused:

Thank You.:)

Xeanor and MrE

quick question:

did you guys tear the case apart (remove rivets) to have the paint nice and even along the drive hdd/cd cages

I didn't remove any rivets, I removed everything else though. The case was just bare metal.

Hi guys,
Glad to finally find a CM 690 here. I too have this beautiful case and would like to post some pictures.

However, I have a quick question. I have an Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W PSU and it is quiet long. Also, its cables are pretty short. I am having problem in routing those cables towards the back of my case due to the small HOLE size that is right next to the PSU.

I wonder if it would be possible to actually make this hole a little longer so that I can actually route all my cables to the back of the case??:confused::confused:

If it is possible can someone please tell me how and what are ALL the tools required in order to make it happen?:confused::confused:

Thank You.:)

http://dremel.usfactoryoutlet.com/

Would any of you guys that bought the windowed side panel be interested in selling me the stock side panel with no window that came with the case?

I'm looking to try something different with mine and need another panel to work on. Thanks!

Just finished up my mod on a CM690:
10_FrontShot.jpg

7_Threecoatslater.jpg

SideOpen.jpg

Sideshot3.jpg

Sideshot.jpg

Not too bad. Question is, whats next on my hit list?

That looks so professional. If I did mine it would look like some kind of junkyard body shop job...:D Now all ya need are some nice colored fans (please not blue (it gets old:rolleyes:))

Back