Cooler Master ML240R RGB AIO CPU Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Cooler Master ML240R RGB AIO CPU Cooler Review

Cooler Master's claim to fame with the ML240R RGB is, you guessed it, "THE MOST COLORFUL WAY TO COOL." Its Master Liquid series has recently gotten high praise from us when it comes to keeping your CPU cool using an All-In-One cooler. Cooler Master has taken its successful model and adorned it with lots of Frag Harder Disco Lights.

If you like our content, please support HardOCP on Patreon.

Better to save your money on the Cooler Master 240L RGB it seems. I have the 240L RBG and it works good though... had issues with the installation which I blame more on the case itself. Glad my mobo has the RGB header and makes light control much easier too.

Also happy to see the 240L RGB is a much better than AMD's Wraith Prism fan. Though I'll keep the Wraith fan that came with my 2600X as a back-up in case I ever have issues with the 240L.

I recently put together a system and considered the CM240. After reading about the wiring and software issues, I am glad I passed on this cooler. I ended up with a Corsair 110i which I can't find many reviews on, but seems to do pretty well. I will say the Corsair link software still does not work with the 2nd generation Ryzen processors.

I've got the 240 non disco light version for 40$, cooling a 2400G, doing overkill work.

I'm amazed at how good the Corsair H100i is.
I was too. Corsair's newer stuff takes more of a lower rpm, lower noise approach.

The H100i to me was always an example of a brute force cooler always happy to make it presence well known.

I'm amazed at how good the Corsair H100i is.

Thats what happens when you use a fan with enough air flow that it can hover, or knock itself off the desk if its not bolted down. Still i dont know if i want to work next to a h100i at full tilt.

Don't worry, knowing Cooler Master these will be $60 after mail in rebates before you know it.

Well thanks to this review I now know of the 240L which is like half the price of this one and ½ - 1/3rd the price of all other 240mm AIOs... and I'm in the market for one, so hey. 240L is what I'll be getting right away.

I recently put together a system and considered the CM240. After reading about the wiring and software issues, I am glad I passed on this cooler. I ended up with a Corsair 110i which I can't find many reviews on, but seems to do pretty well. I will say the Corsair link software still does not work with the 2nd generation Ryzen processors.
Look into if SIV is compatible. Link from what I know unless they changed it and made it actually work along with be stable is still a broken pile of trash. AIO Control guide for SIV

No mention if the RGB is Asus Aura-sync, or Gigabyte RGB fusion compatible.

Surprised the X52 isn't in that comparison chart.
Well, to be in the comparison chart, those need to be tested on the exact same CPU and system to actually be comparable numbers. When we change systems, we leave all the previous data behind....not all sites do that.

Back