Cooler Master Mechanical Gaming Keyboard = $54.99 shipped

Your title should say $54.99 AR instead of $54.99 shipped. Shipped means you can buy it and have it shipped to you at that price and not have to deal with a MIR. However, that is a pretty substansial rebate. Yikes, 10-12 weeks. Why the heck does it take so long for companies to send out rebates?

So people forget and when somehow they get "lost" in the mail they won't be claimed. Haha that's probably not it but I have not received rebates and had completely forgot about them.

I also love how now you can pay a percentage and get the rebate in 2 weeks or so, for example my graphics card was 350 with $20 rebate, they took $2 and I got it fast which means they are able to process it fast, they just don't want it and now want to keep 10% of the rebate too.

So people forget and when somehow they get "lost" in the mail they won't be claimed. Haha that's probably not it but I have not received rebates and had completely forgot about them.

I also love how now you can pay a percentage and get the rebate in 2 weeks or so, for example my graphics card was 350 with $20 rebate, they took $2 and I got it fast which means they are able to process it fast, they just don't want it and now want to keep 10% of the rebate too.

Yeah, I was given that option with a rebate on my card as well. Said, screw it I'll just wait. I'm not actually expecting to see it anyway. I always feel like MIRs are a scam and they will find any reason at all to deny it or let it "get lost" in transit and hope you forget or don't care enough.

I got all mine this last computer build (all 4of them) and was surprised but I did rush on all of them) but they have "lost" a few of mine.

This seems tike a really good deal if you want black switches. I've always been happy with Cooler Master products. I always forget which color switch does what.

Tactile: No
Clicky: No
Actuation Force: 60g (40g-80g overall)
Key Travel: 2mm to actuation, 4mm to bottom

Cherry MX-Black switches are linear (non-tactile) switches, these are considered one of the best switch types for gaming. When gaming, having a tactile bump does absolutely nothing because you're going to be bottoming out anyway. So these give you a very smooth feel. The actuation and release points are at the exact same position as well. So games that require a lot of double tapping become easier than on any other keyswitch. However, most people don't enjoy typing on them that much do in part, to their linear nature.
If you're a person who tends to hit a wrong key every so often while gaming, these will be beneficial in that the high actuation force will help prevent many of those accidental presses.

For comparison: http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide

Are they backlight or not? Picture seems to indicate that but nowhere mentioned in the description or detailed specs.

This newegg review kinda answer my question.
"Cons: uhm, a $119 dollar keyboard on sale for $80 dollars is fantastic. Getting it, plugging it in and seeing a paper with small print in the box saying "Correction Notice (dc power cable is optional)", meaning it is not back light. There is also no option on Newegg to buy a power cord for it. There is also NO STATEMENT to the fact that you do not receive a power supply cord which turns this $119 dollar keyboard in to a $45 dollar keyboard at most."
It seems they change the product and kept the same SKU and now it is not longer backlit.

This newegg review kinda answer my question.
"Cons: uhm, a $119 dollar keyboard on sale for $80 dollars is fantastic. Getting it, plugging it in and seeing a paper with small print in the box saying "Correction Notice (dc power cable is optional)", meaning it is not back light. There is also no option on Newegg to buy a power cord for it. There is also NO STATEMENT to the fact that you do not receive a power supply cord which turns this $119 dollar keyboard in to a $45 dollar keyboard at most."
It seems they change the product and kept the same SKU and now it is not longer backlit.

I have the MX brown version and you don't need the DC power cable for the backlight. I think that cord is purely for the USB hub to run high-power devices. The USB hub works without the power cord as well. Maybe there is a difference between the black and brown version though.

Well now it's $100 and no rebate to be seen. (D'Oh! Expired on the 3rd... lol) Seems the CM keyboards go on sale somewhat often, so not a big deal.

Back