Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 AIO $40

I bought this AIO for my nephews first computer: A Ryzen 1600. And it is quiet and effective. 3.8Ghz and it doesn't break a sweat.

I really want to grab this for myself. But then I would have to buy a new case that supports 200mm fans up front, and a radiator on top. And as much as I love my Cooler Master HAF 912, the HAF series is noisy. Anything with an open front is noisy.

As there is no case I know of that does this....I'll have to pass.

Do any other Canadians here take the .com of these pages and change it to .ca to see how bad we are getting fucked? Lol, I love it. Fun little game.

[QUOTE="DigitalGriffin, post: I really want to grab this for myself. But then I would have to buy a new case that supports 200mm fans up front, and a radiator on top.[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something? It is a 240 RAD, thats 120mm fan x2...

DigitalGriffin said:
I really want to grab this for myself. But then I would have to buy a new case that supports 200mm fans up front, and a radiator on top.

Am I missing something? It is a 240 RAD, thats 120mm fan x2...

Yes. But the HAF912 doesn't have enough clearance for a radiator + fan. On the front it hits drive cages. On the top, where it should be, it hits the motherboard. My 200mm fan barely fits up top as it is. And I spent a small fortune on quiet LED fans that I would hate to throw out.

So my choices

1. Toss the $50 in fans and get a new case + radiator. That's about $150 right there to set everything back up.

Or

2. Keep the current set up.

The best you can do with a HAF912 is a 140mm square radiator at the rear. IOTW: Not worth it.

I don't know if I just had a bad one, but the one I bought had a very loud pump grinding noise. It was unbearably loud when the cpu was under any sort of load. I ended up returning it and using an Arctic 240. Most reviews say it's quiet, so it was probably just a bad pump. CM isn't exactly known for their stellar QC, after all.

Darn! Just spent $80 on the white Captain 240EX to add a little more white to the system. Maybe I should have saved the money, bought a $1 can of spray paint and painted this $40 rad white... Or the outside of the rad... Not the fins

Back