Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus $19.99 FS Newegg

Awesome cooler installs correctly on AMD boards without the need of a seperate bracket like my old cooler.

Amazon had this for $20 shipped free back in December for like the whole month. Anyways...

How much do you guys tighten down your CM Hyper 212 plus? When I had installed mine, I couldnt figure out exactly how tight I am supposed to go on the screws.

Amazon had this for $20 shipped free back in December for like the whole month. Anyways...

How much do you guys tighten down your CM Hyper 212 plus? When I had installed mine, I couldnt figure out exactly how tight I am supposed to go on the screws.

There are springs under the screws, they should keep you from overtightening.

I screwed it down until it feels tight and then added a little bit more turn. You want to stop at the point where tightening more requires applying a bit of force.

One of these are currently cooling my I7 2700k at a nice 19c, though my office feels like an icebox this evening.

I assumed that I was supposed to tighten it until the screws bottomed out :eek:. Was only 12 turns or so and it didn't require excessive force. Although it probably didn't need that much tightening...

Just be prepared to replace the fan that comes with this thing - the one I got was loud, unbalanced, and didn't produce satisfactory temps at all. Replaced it with a 3rd party fan and it cools 10 degrees better (48 to 38 idle) but it still gets really loud under full load - going to replace it with a noctua and see how that goes.

Good price on these (well, what the had been selling for and still should be anyway). I used two of these up until recently on my home rigs and they work great for the money. I replaced the one on my main rig with a thermalright HR-02 Macho, due to it having better cooling, albeit at a higher price...

Well, if you break the bracket, at least Cooler Master will send you all replacement hardware for free :p

Back