Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2 CPU Air Cooler $23.99 AMIR

Good price but nowadays I don't even bother sending in rebates up to $20. I never considered the rebate into my purchasing decision tho.

The last few builds I have done with a moderately priced air cooler, I have used the ID Cooling 224 series. Most of the time its on sale for the same price as the 212 Evo, and I prefer the look of it. As far a quality and performance go, its pretty much identical to the 212, but the mounting system on the ID cooling cooler is better/easier in my opinion.

In the last 10 years I've sent in over 8 rebates. I have received all of them.
I keep meticulous records and follow all the directions.
I also track the rebates if possible.

I did have one rebate that said it shipped. I never received it. I followed the directions on how to resubmit a lost rebate.
And sure enough, i received the second one they sent.

Do i hate rebates. YES
Are rebates a pain in the ass. YES
Are rebates worth the hassle. Debatable

Interesting - never heard of the ID Cooling 224 until now. Of course, haven't really dabbled with low-end stuff since 212+ years ago.
Looking at reviews, it beats the Cryorig H7 easily - and I feel like <$30, it was already a crap shoot, but I'm definitely impressed. Loud fan aside, that can be replaced/swapped or RPM-controlled.

I get most if of my rebates back (still waiting for the free Soyo Dragon motherboard rebate) but would avoid them when I can. At this price point, I'd just get a Vetroo V5 at $22.99 newegg or $24.99 AC amz.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Interesting - never heard of the ID Cooling 224 until now. Of course, haven't really dabbled with low-end stuff since 212+ years ago.
Looking at reviews, it beats the Cryorig H7 easily - and I feel like <$30, it was already a crap shoot, but I'm definitely impressed. Loud fan aside, that can be replaced/swapped or RPM-controlled.
If your talking about the ID cooling 224 fan, I don't have a scientific data, but it definitely emits a more pleasant tone than the cooler master fans, and for all the hype, it's WAY more pleasant than the Arctic P12 fans. Those fans have a low hum that I hear through headphones, and don't recommend them at any low cost. The ID cooling fans kind of look like Scythe Kaze Flex knockoffs. Rubber isolation, color, pretty much a chinese clone.

Back