Cooler Master HAF 922 case with AORUS Radeon RX 6800 XT

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a Cooler Master HAF 922 case, it states that the longest card it can take is 31 cm (12.2047 inches). The AORUS Radeon RX 6800 XT card I want to purchase is 12.76 inches, is there any way that I could make it fit?

The reason I want to get that brand GPU is that I read it's very quiet, is there a different 6800XT that is just as quiet?

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
start cutting or buy a shorter card.

1655776291534.png

Wade88

Gawd
Cut or sell it and buy a haf 932 to cut less, it's only missing 0.134016" out of the box for that card.

Reactions: maro
like this

maro

Gawd
I have a HAF932 and you can easily remove the HDD cage by removing the 4(IIRC) aluminum pop rivets they used to attach it to the bottom of the case. Doing so pretty much gives you enough room to accomodate just about any GPU - I daresay ANY GPU cause IIRC it'll give you about 15.5" of space.

... but that's a 932. Going by pendragon's example you would need to remove the HDD cage as well as trim or remove the 5.25" cage (more rivets)... perhaps get away with removing the HDD cage only and use the secondary PCIE slot in the 922

...and by the time you've done this you've had to remove everything to avoid any metal shavings and other contaminants and it may be easier to just get another case.

I did love my 932 though, even going so far as to buy a little front panel dock to provide modern usb 3 and usb c support so I can understand...

Operaghost

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a HAF932 and you can easily remove the HDD cage by removing the 4(IIRC) aluminum pop rivets they used to attach it to the bottom of the case. Doing so pretty much gives you enough room to accomodate just about any GPU - I daresay ANY GPU cause IIRC it'll give you about 15.5" of space.

... but that's a 932. Going by pendragon's example you would need to remove the HDD cage as well as trim or remove the 5.25" cage (more rivets)... perhaps get away with removing the HDD cage only and use the secondary PCIE slot in the 922

...and by the time you've done this you've had to remove everything to avoid any metal shavings and other contaminants and it may be easier to just get another case.

I did love my 932 though, even going so far as to buy a little front panel dock to provide modern usb 3 and usb c support so I can understand...

I'm about to do exactly this to mod my 11 year old HAF 932 to fit my new 6900XT (333mm).

Can you link me to the front panel dock you're referring to? I'd love to ass something like this to mine as well.

maro

Gawd
Can you link me to the front panel dock you're referring to?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078Z568GJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one I bought a couple years ago. I went with the smaller 3.5" and used the original front panel with the opening for the FDD. This one was a little pricey when I got it ($30) but there were few good options at the time. There are likely cheaper ones, but I liked this one has a black anodized brushed aluminum front plate, instead of plastic.

**edit - this will only work for a motherboard that has the headers to connect to a front panel. 20 pin for the usb 3 and a mini-20 pin for usb c.
***edit I just noticed that link is for a used one from amazon warehouse - looks like new are unavailable/not in stock. The one I got was the same one but new not amazon warehouse - it was $10 more too...

Does anyone remember the cool but relatively small Centurion 5 case?
1659726287218.png

I was able to remove the HDD cage from this last week so I could install a R9 Fury into my friend's ancient x58 PC.
GPU space went from about 11.75" to over 15"

Last edited: