Cooler Master, Cryorig, Phanteks, Noctua all announce Free Ryzen Upgrade Kits

These companies should have an option to put a card on file with them and 30 days to prove your board/cpu purchase or you get charged. If I buy at launch I don't want to wait weeks for Noctua to send my free upgrade. Bummer.

I called Corsair yesterday and there is going to be an announcement. He wouldn't say when. Regarding compatibility with their products. What little I read seems to indicate they aren't going to work without a replacement bracket.

I don't like the looks of the one for the 212 EVO. If I'm visualizing it correctly it will put the cooler pointing up and down vs left and right.

CoolerMaster seems to have the kits available to order on their international site. Just pay shipping.

Unfortunately that site doesn't ship to US and the US site will not let you order it yet. Blah :meh:

International:
https://store.coolermaster.com/amd-am4-upgrade-kit

US:
http://www.cmstore-usa.com/amd-am4-upgrade-kit-rr-accy-am4b-r1/

That delay by Cooler Master in allowing orders for an AM4 bracket is the reason I returned my purchase of a Master Air Maker 8 to Newegg.com. They should have had these brackets in customers hands by March 2 at the very latest. I sent them a strongly worded criticism that I won't order there products any longer.

I don't like the looks of the one for the 212 EVO. If I'm visualizing it correctly it will put the cooler pointing up and down vs left and right.

Yeah, on closer inspection I am disappointed as well. The original AM3/FM2 mounting for the 212 bolts directly into a backplate but this adapter looks like it just clamps down on the stock plastic tabs :facepalm:

Noctua d14 has really lasted me a long while. They were also awesome enough to send me extra clips for more fans on it a few years ago.

Nice gesture, but I'm not waiting weeks for Noctua to send me some parts.

Noctua d14 has really lasted me a long while. They were also awesome enough to send me extra clips for more fans on it a few years ago.

Yup I see no reason to stop using mine. In terms of investment and use, will probably be the longest lasting component, other than my Dell monitor (now on its 12th year).

Awesome news. I can reuse my DH-14. I am seriously considering AMD for my new build. I haven't used an AMD chip since thunderbird.

CoolerMaster seems to have the kits available to order on their international site. Just pay shipping.

Unfortunately that site doesn't ship to US and the US site will not let you order it yet. Blah :meh:

International:
https://store.coolermaster.com/amd-am4-upgrade-kit

US:
http://www.cmstore-usa.com/amd-am4-upgrade-kit-rr-accy-am4b-r1/

Microcenter has a in-store only listing for the CM adaptor (OOS naturally)
http://www.microcenter.com/product/475708/AM4_SOCKET_MOUNTING_KIT
Hopefully they will be in by launch day

These companies should have an option to put a card on file with them and 30 days to prove your board/cpu purchase or you get charged. If I buy at launch I don't want to wait weeks for Noctua to send my free upgrade. Bummer.

I did not wait, I bought mine and it is sitting on my desk, ready to go. Noctua NH-D15 kit, bought it on Amazon.

I did not wait, I bought mine and it is sitting on my desk, ready to go. Noctua NH-D15 kit, bought it on Amazon.
did you buy the whole cooler or just the mounting brackets for am4?

I already own that cooler, but I bought it 18 months ago so I do not have am4 brackets. They are listed as back ordered until March 22nd on amazon.

did you buy the whole cooler or just the mounting brackets for am4?

I already own that cooler, but I bought it 18 months ago so I do not have am4 brackets. They are listed as back ordered until March 22nd on amazon.

Bracket kit only. However, I bought it 11 days ago.

Good find. Shame that will force pointing the cooler in an up/down orientation. Not a huge deal for me since my CM690 has the PSU on the bottom and exhaust fans all the way across the top.

Also still not crazy that it clips to the plastic brackets but it least its not a spring clip

Well, I went to Microcenter to pick up the Cooler master 212 Evo bracket today to be ahead of the game a bit. No dice. They had the bracket pulled for me, but they said they can't sell them until Thursday. They will keep it set aside for me, so that was nice of them.

Well, I went to Microcenter to pick up the Cooler master 212 Evo bracket today to be ahead of the game a bit. No dice. They had the bracket pulled for me, but they said they can't sell them until Thursday. They will keep it set aside for me, so that was nice of them.
Weird, they sold one to me no questions asked at my location. I think you must have run into a real space cadet there

Cant see how a one piece metal bracket is covered by a street date. They already have AM4 compatible coolers on the floor too.

Well, it was kind of my fault. I web ordered two open box motherboards and the bracket. The boards were an MSI B150 for $15 and a Gigabyte X99 for $57. I only have the one 212 Evo so I can't use it for Ryzen and X99 at the same time so I would need to switch back and forth which is a pain. I decided to get another 212 Evo and wanted a second AM4 bracket to have just in case, and so the lady at web pickup needed to call the guy back in the computer parts section to bring up another one. He came up and said they couldn't sell it until Thursday. The lady probably wouldn't have had any issue selling it. Then I asked if they could check the sockets for bent pins, and sure enough both boards had bent pins. So much for their testing/checking. I left completely empty handed, but maybe it was for the best. I was just going to tinker with the boards anyway. I didn't need either one.

I just stumbled across this in regards to Thermaltake, which is seemingly like the only mention anywhere for anything by Tt, too... but either way:
https://www.dvhardware.net/article66022.html

That is good news for any of us with the damn gear-style waterblock-pump since it looks like the Water3.0 has that same one as a Water2.0. Just wish I could get my hands on a Water3.0 AM4 bracket :(

I know Corsair has a couple with that too, but I simply don't know if they all have the same exact bracket (IOW, the 'tooth' spacing, pump circumference/diameter, etc), even though they were all made by the same company. Can't remember if it was Asetek or CoolIt who were the OEM.

Back