*Cooler Master Aquagate Liquid Cooling System* (56k Beware)

jwill

2[H]4U
Cooler Master Aquagate Liquid Cooling System

Enjoy...

Aquagate.jpg

Aquagate_Bay_Mount.jpg

Aquagate_Block.jpg

Aquagate_Exterior.jpg

Aquagate_Interior.jpg

Aquagate_Power.jpg

Aquagate_Rear_Mount.jpg

Aquagate_Single_Bay_Bezel.jpg

lol...what's with watercooling kits and restrictive 1/4" ID? If this beats the Koolance EXOS, then I guess it's a success. Custom watercooling still is a much better deal though IMHO.

Originally posted by DaveX
lol...what's with watercooling kits and restrictive 1/4" ID? If this beats the Koolance EXOS, then I guess it's a success. Custom watercooling still is a much better deal though IMHO.
DIY wc systems will always be the best way to go since you can put together the best of the best but youd be hard pressed to create it in something so beautiful.

On a side note I just realized if I were to get this unit I'd have to mount it externally since i have a Wave Master (door restricts airflow). I'd probably just end up selling this case and buying a Praetorian like I should have to begin with. I would have saved money and got a better air flowing case. i still love CM design though. :p

Now Now Saint your not allowed to look untill you've finished your Video card HS.......get it done we are watching:D

Originally posted by OPUS1
Now Now Saint your not allowed to look untill you've finished your Video card HS.......get it done we are watching:D
lol. thats right we are. give us an update you lazy bum. :p
Originally posted by The Saint
I need to have that!!!!

Is it already available around?
hey if you find it for sale you let us know.;)

Guys........

I've beens tudying too much I know! Still waiting for this tests at the University to pass (one tomorrow and one Friday) and then i`ll modddddddddddd! (hopefully) ;)

Anyway...I`ll let you know if I find that sexy little thing around....

I don't know. Consider me the skeptic, but in the past small liquid cooling setups like this (that fit into 5.25" bays) had pretty sub-par performance. Reference here.

Yes, it certainly looks very nice. But I will hold off until I see plenty of positive reviews. Who knows? Maybe this thing really is the shiznit?

I bet keeping dust out of it is going to be interesting, though.

I admit that does look very sexy. My coolermaster case has a door so unless I took it off it wouldnt work for me. I am still considering using a hudge res (ie an aquarium with about 5 - 10 gallons) and just a pump. Or I am thinking of using a small radiator with two 80 mm fans that will fit in my case.

I cant wait to read the reviews. I wonder what it costs???

I must own one. Now. :cool: That little mother would look fantastic in the front of a Centurion 2 case. Of course, I'll prolly have to mod the heck out of the innards. BWAHAHAHAhahahah!!!! <insert mad scientist laugh>

It'll probably be 3+ months before it gets to the U.S. though. The .Centurion 2 case just got here -- it took about 3-4 months to get it from the time I first saw pics on the web. I'm sure several of you have opinions about the C2 case, but I really like the design of the brushed aluminum front panel. The rest of the case may be soft(er) steel, but heck, that just makes it easier to mod!!!

Originally posted by DaveX
Centurion 2 is suspiciously low-priced...
I noticed that too. You can see though it's not made the same when compared to the Praetorian and Wave Master chassis. The case doesn't look to have the same quality as the others.

That is sweet. You gotta love Cooler Master. They make the best cooling products around IMO.

best cooling ...nah...

I think a lot of people would agree they do make some sexy products tho... ;)

Originally posted by Sanitarium
That is sweet. You gotta love Cooler Master. They make the best cooling products around IMO.

If you mean usually overpriced but good-looking...better than Thermaltake at least...

Two very important things in a watercooling setup, airflow and surface area, this thing has neither.

it is pretty small now that i really think about it. ill be very surprised if it can compete with an exos. i just like how compact and good looking it is. with a rad that small im sure it couldnt handle a bridge and gpu let alone a highly clocked cpu. we'll just have to wait for the reviews to really see how good/bad it performs.

OMG, I wonder if it comes in black....I've been looking at the black verson of that case with the window..... WONDERFUL!!

Originally posted by jwill
I noticed that too. You can see though it's not made the same when compared to the Praetorian and Wave Master chassis. The case doesn't look to have the same quality as the others.

Yes, I bought one. It is an low-end case with a high-end aluminum front panel. I think it looks fantastic, but I can tell you that the front panel is the only nice thing about it. The innards have some sharp edges and softer steel (high zinc content?). Some of it actually tends to bend rather easily if you don't have a gentle touch. But I'm comparing it to my Antec / Chieftec case that's thick steel. Your mileage may vary. Heh.

But I can look past it's weaknesses because I thing it looks great! Plus the softer steel makes it easier on the dremmel :p

Damn, that Coolermaster sure *looks* sweet. Only time will tell to see if it performs well.

Regarding cases, I think a couple of those are nice, but I was more interested in the Antec Lanboy. I love the huge fans in and out. Only thing that may be a problem with it, is if you can't remove the drive bay crap at the bottom and front of the case. I love having 120mm in and out, and my in would be my Evercool 120mm fan blowing on the rad in the front. I bought 3 so when I buy a case, I'll have two for the rad, and one for the output.

Wow, that aquagate is so cool. I wonder if that would fit a non-cooler master case. And that Centurion is pretty low for a cooler master case. Is it a "real" coolermaster. I guess I could go and take a look at it since I live 10 min away from Directron.:D :D :D

I think the high zinc content is apparent...
Straight from the product description for this case @ Newegg:
Material: Aluminum front bezel + Case 0.8 mm SECC (Zinc-coated steel)
Looks cool though, as does the Musketeer front panel. But like the Musketeer, seems a case of form over function. ;)

We did a review of another Evercool kit, the WC-201, it performed about the same as a standard HSF would. But with a little modification to feed it some cooler outside air it started to perform about 5-7 degrees cooler.

WC-201 Review

None of the modifications are mentioned in the review but I have already tried one modification and as I mentioned it had already helped to lower temps 5-7C. I'm planning another mod that basically puts the unit in an external 5 1/4" bay so that it's always getting cool air on it's radiator. I don't think I'm going to see much cooler than we have seen already but might get a couple more degrees shaved off.

In general tho, cooling kits that occupy a bay inside the case rely on in case air temps to help to cool the water and if the case temps rise then the water temps will rise and provide less than good cooling. Primarily the reasons for the mods that I have been cooking up. The first mod was essentially a modified cdrom shell with the front open and some fans pulling air into the shell and then being directed down onto the fan and radiator of the unit.

Depends how the cooling unit is implemented, but it could be good or bad.

Originally posted by jwill
DIY wc systems will always be the best way to go since you can put together the best of the best but youd be hard pressed to create it in something so beautiful.

On a side note I just realized if I were to get this unit I'd have to mount it externally since i have a Wave Master (door restricts airflow). I'd probably just end up selling this case and buying a Praetorian like I should have to begin with. I would have saved money and got a better air flowing case. i still love CM design though. :p

Ill buy wavemaster!

looks like its going to sell for about $300, i found it at a japanese site selling it for about 30,000yen= 278usd

Originally posted by jamezzz122
Only if it came in black...
i wont be surprised if they did come out with one soon after. i mean the aerogate and the wavemaster did.

Back