Cooler for 8700k OC

Gamer237

Limp Gawd
Currently have a H80i v2, just upgraded my system to a 8700k. Right now its at 4.8ghz @ 1.28v however the little h80i cant handle the OC during stress testing with aida64 and small fft prime 95. It constantly reaches 90 degrees during testing but games are fine. Im currently looking for a new AIO or air cooler if there are any good ones.

I know its kind of vain but I want this setup to look good. I've done some research and found the d15 from noctua to be one of the best air coolers out there however i dont like how it takes up pretty much the whole mobo area where most the RGB lighting is. My case is a h700i so it has all those fancy lights.

I've been looking at corsair AIO's however ive been put out by them because they all have aluminum radiators that are prone to galvanization. Im thinking the best water cooling setup out there might be EK? any1 here have any experience with durable AIO's or know of a closed loop setup that doesnt have a copper cpu block with an aluminum radiator?

I know EK is a open loop setup but im open to trying it out in the name of RGB goodness lol... but if there is a AIO out there thats worth a damn then pls let me know xD

edit: budget is $200

Last edited:
delid the CPU first, then think later in a better cooler, depending on how it manage to handle the 8700k once delided..

Every AIO has an aluminum radiator. They're all also mixed metals. That's not a concern with AIOs, however, as the manufacturers use a corrosion-inhibiting coolant formulated specifically for their coolers, and no corrosion happens.

Just wanted to mention it. =)

Forgot to add the h80i was a hand me down from a friend so theres no warranty if/when it leaks so kinda in need of a new cooler. Currently looking at EK MLC Phoenix, anyone have experience with those?

The EK MLC Phoenix is one helluva kit. Quite expensive too. That H80i is pretty long in the tooth tho.

Bought a cryorig r1, after reading all the horror stories of the slow rma process with corsair and the messed up quick disconnects on the ek predators, I’m sticking with good old air cooling. Lmao

Oh yeah that'll do ya real good! Be sure to post pics and how good it does!

Back