Cool Video of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Watching this guy fly a drone around in first-person mode is pretty damn impressive. If you suffer from motion sickness or you just had lunch, you might want to give this video a pass. ;)

Yup, feeling a bit dizzy actually. Not too bad but the fast turn arounds and flips were a bit much for me. Neat though.

How can this not be something the armed forces would be clamoring over? I can't begin to imagine how useful and life-saving this could be in house-to-house fighting. Or any kind of ground action, really...

I've never seen a drone in person to this day... are they all that mobile?

How can this not be something the armed forces would be clamoring over? I can't begin to imagine how useful and life-saving this could be in house-to-house fighting. Or any kind of ground action, really...

They are stupidly loud, suffer from poor battery life and can't take any abuse.

They are a blast to fly though and Charpu is a grade A pilot :D

I've never seen a drone in person to this day... are they all that mobile?

No. These are smaller sized quadrotors in the 250mm sized class (give or take 100mm). They are designed for speed and racing exclusively. Some will carry an HD recording cam for youtube and whatnot.

250mm is 25cm from motor to motor on an angle. Weights with a battery are around 500g for a quad that size. Top speed 80-120kmh generally.

Kinda reminds me of the old Unreal flyby intro. I wish someone would recreate that flyby with a drone.

Pretty cool; but I wonder of someone is flying their drone like that and smacks someone in the face as they are rounding the corner.
In instant lawsuit. I would bet in many case the droner would bail.

Back