Cool Video of the Day

xmlqp1.jpg

Is there an optical illusion that relates to memory? I ask because these are the same illusions we've been seeing for the last twenty years and yet people still go "oh and ah" at like it's the first time.

did the pill one work for anyone else? they both look grey to me. I am not colorblind at all.

I saw the full video last week. I was surprised to find Abrash talking about this old elementary stuff, like this is the result of him working at Facebook. Come on dude, where's the innovation? The NEWS!?

The two pills looked 100% grey and the girls speech sounded exactly the same in both clips... sometimes it sucks having advanced vision and hearing (according to doctors) I just hope this doesn't mean I won't enjoy VR... luckily I also have advanced patience :D

What the actual fuck ?

Now I can't trust anything ever again.

did the pill one work for anyone else? they both look grey to me. I am not colorblind at all.

Yeah, the pills were obvious, but those floor tiles would not look the same to me even after the explanation.

It just goes to show you how the human mind has built in failure points. I bet a robot or some other electronic device would see things as they are instead of how our mind changes things to be.

Or in other words, we are all human.

Both were grey to me too and one had a yellow background the other had a teal... everything else worked though...

Test 1
Test 2
Test 3

Since we are on this subject, does anybody else see the different colors as being at different depths in the screen?

Test 1 Test 1 Test 1 Test 1 Test 1 Test 1 Test 1 Test 1 Test 1 Test 1 Test 1 Test 1 Test 1 Test 1
Test 2 Test 2 Test 2 Test 2 Test 2 Test 2 Test 2 Test 2 Test 2 Test 2 Test 2 Test 2 Test 2 Test 2
Test 3 Test 3 Test 3 Test 3 Test 3 Test 3 Test 3 Test 3 Test 3 Test 3 Test 3 Test 3 Test 3 Test 3

Since we are on this subject, does anybody else see the different colors as being at different depths in the screen?

To me, the blue text looks like it is sunk down in the screen if I look straight on.

The Bar/Far thing is the most distressing. Just closing your eyes for the Far bit changes what you hear..

Same here. I watched again to make sure.

question what screen did you watch it on my galaxy note 3 with its super amoled screen both looked grey on my laptop with a 1366x768 led backlit screen they look blue and red...

That speech example at the end was really cool. Here's a question, would you allow your phone/computer to watch you on camera if it helped with speech recognition? Or maybe...it already does :D

The pill one isn't working because it's going to rely heavily on screen calibration.

question what screen did you watch it on my galaxy note 3 with its super amoled screen both looked grey on my laptop with a 1366x768 led backlit screen they look blue and red...
I was on a Dell 2410 at first. Then after your suggestion I tried a Dell 2408, iPhone 6+ and a Cintiq 22HD. Still looks grey before the masking.

I hope to find an explanation for this...

I was on a Dell 2410 at first. Then after your suggestion I tried a Dell 2408, iPhone 6+ and a Cintiq 22HD. Still looks grey before the masking.

I hope to find an explanation for this...

here is a neat trick put the video where it shows the pills and take a step back i found my phone still showed them grey until i zoomed in then they seemed to fade into color

It just goes to show you how the human mind has built in failure points. I bet a robot or some other electronic device would see things as they are instead of how our mind changes things to be.

Or in other words, we are all human.

We see the things as they are, its our brain that interprets them wrong

Like a lot of people, I found the pills looked the same. I was able to see the dragon correctly if I concentrated heavily. Somewhat distressingly, no matter how much I concentrated on the woman's lips at the end of the video, all I heard was "bar", never "far." Any idea what that might mean?

On second thought, It's probably just that my sound system has enough fidelity enough that the "bah" sound is unmistakable.

Back