Cool Video of the Day

Never tire of seeing things crash in slomo.
I can't see what happened to the engine though, crazy.

It looks like they were testing something involving the load. One thing's certain, any drivers would have been DOA.

They are testing the barrier to see if it can withstand a truck like that going about 50mph to stop would-be bomb trucks.

Apparently they were testing an anti-terrorism barrier to stop suicide-bombers.

The engine drops down almost instantly. You can see it really well in the front view.

Now that you mention it, I don't see an engine either. It's being towed with a cable.

One of the shots shows the engine hitting the ground, I think it was the front shot. Also, you can't tell the barrels are shooting up in the air from the overhead shot.

You can also see the coolant lines spewing after being ripped loose.

Do these people know lasers exist that operate up to 20,000,000F? Zip zip and the barrier is history in about 30 seconds. lol

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say it barrier testing to stop terrorist. The barrels would simulate a load of explosives.

I wish I could do this to every truck that drives down my street which can't manage to be quieter than a freight train.

Haha the Texas A&M transportation Institute always do some very interesting studies.

Do these people know lasers exist that operate up to 20,000,000F? Zip zip and the barrier is history in about 30 seconds. lol

You should write a letter to the FBI and tell them to watch out for terrorists with lightsabers.

You should write a letter to the FBI and tell them to watch out for terrorists with lightsabers.

what..

darthmov_pic.jpg

As an engineer I once worked with would have put it: "The heavier/stiffer spring always wins"

They are testing the barrier to see if it can withstand a truck like that going about 50mph to stop would-be bomb trucks.

Well the obvious conclusion is the barrier works, but expect BIG lawsuits. The truck passengers will have their torso removed at the waist. Much worse will be a standard passenger vehicle. The barrier should neatly decapitate them and remove the car roof while the car continues relatively un-slowed

Much worse will be a standard passenger vehicle. The barrier should neatly decapitate them and remove the car roof while the car continues relatively un-slowed

This is why they need to have "active" barriers that remain underground until deployed. A camera/radar system could determine when a vehicle would be entering the protected zone and then deploy the barrier up to the exact center of mass height for the target vehicle.

Of course it would cost about 10000X more, but hey those defense contractors need some extra welfare money.

Better to just permanently have the typical normal everyday barrier in front, with this one a few feet behind it.

Back