Cool 'n Quiet not working on Neo4 Plat. SLi

friend'scatdied

[H]ard|Gawd
I reformatted and reinstalled Windows a while ago, installing SP2 and all the necessary nForce drivers and the graphics card drivers and the sound card drivers.

I also updated through MSI's LiveUpdate for the hell of it since it's been a long time. I noticed BIOS version 3.40 was up so I decided to download and give it a flash.

It seems successful enough, but for some reason when I use Cool 'n Quiet it throttles the fan RPM back fine but not the processor FSB/Multi or Voltage at all. I tried RMClock as well, and it didn't seem to work. Whenever I tried to set an automatic profile the computer would simply spontaneously reboot, no BSOD, no anything. I can overclock fine but dynamic changing of the FSB/Multiplier or Voltage is totally gone for whatever reason.

Now, this is a somewhat new install as well, so I may be missing some sort of driver, but on the last install I don't recall having to download anything special to use the feature.

I'm primarily concerned because it's getting somewhat hot in summer, and I don't want my processor to run at an overclocked speed like that for long sessions, so I'm leaving it at stock settings now.

Any ideas?

EDIT: NVM, I resolved it. For some reason disabling Cool 'n Quiet in the BIOS actually enables it.

Back