Cool DX-9 Demos?

V0ltage

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a 9800pro and I want to see some cool DX-9 stuff...
I got all the stuff at Ati.com, but I know theres some more cool demos, and how can I run the geforce-fx demos on my card?

in general, you can't run GF-FX demos on ATI cards. The one exception is Dawn, where you can find a 'fake' openGL DLL file that lets you run it. Do some googling to find it, if you're interested.

Since GF-FX aren't DX9 demos and opengl is not DX, then tehy aren't demos that would show DX 9, what's the point?

Originally posted by ameoba
in general, you can't run GF-FX demos on ATI cards. The one exception is Dawn, where you can find a 'fake' openGL DLL file that lets you run it. Do some googling to find it, if you're interested.

i wouldnt bother. It took me about half an hour to get Dawn running and when i finally got it running it wasnt NEARLY as impressive as even the 9700 ATI demos.

BUT...for you geeks, rename the fairy.exe to quake3.exe and dawn dances around nekked in all her glory ;) ....if your l33t enough to get the dawn demo to work with an ATI card.

just haxed that dawn demo... took me about 2 seconds to get working...
pretty damn cool...
but not as cool as like animusic or something.

Far Cry is a DirectX9 game, as well as Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. The depth of field/fire/wind/smoke effects in Tomb Raider are pretty amazing.

Far Cry even has a feature where if you stare at the "sun" for a period of time, then look elsewhere, things are blurry as your eyes re-adjust. Crazy.

Originally posted by delusion_
Far Cry even has a feature where if you stare at the "sun" for a period of time, then look elsewhere, things are blurry as your eyes re-adjust. Crazy.
Not to mention that the water effects are amazing.

Erm.. I know this sounds stupid, but these demos ARE backward compatible with older DX8.1 hardware like my GF3,right? I'm assuming they will run fine, but some of the more sexay effects won't show up on my system?

Back