Cool 3D Murals On Buildings

from article said:
Another work, featuring a colossal wave about to crash on to a pavement in Honolulu, Hawaii, took two months of studio work to plan and a further six months to execute with the help of 11 other artists.

It features Queen Lili'uokalani, the last monarch of the Hawaiian Islands with Duke Kahanamoku - the ultimate father of surf.

The scene is so realistic that just as it was near completion, it attracted the attention of the fire brigade, which stopped its truck in the middle of traffic.

Mr Pugh said: ''They jumped out to rescue the children in the mural. They got about 15 feet away and then doubled over laughing when they realised what it was.'

lol classic.

lol classic.

Fire crews stopped the truck and rushed to save them? REALLY? I doubt it.... I mean, how long would you have to look at the mural before you realized it wasnt moving at all and that it was a painting? 1 second? Did the fire crew look at the painting, and then stop the truck and rush out without looking at it again to see it hadn't changed?

Cool work though. I like it. :)

Fire crews stopped the truck and rushed to save them? REALLY? I doubt it.... I mean, how long would you have to look at the mural before you realized it wasnt moving at all and that it was a painting? 1 second? Did the fire crew look at the painting, and then stop the truck and rush out without looking at it again to see it hadn't changed?

Cool work though. I like it. :)

The same fire crew was responding to a 911 call about an oncoming tsunami. They missed saving 6 real children from a crashing wave by 30 seconds. The painter is now facing homicide charges. ;)

So with a 3D mural there are shadows. How realistic would they look when the sun moves throughout the day or at night?

I wonder if these are like the sidewalk murals where they're only "visible" (in the way the artist wants) from a certain angle.

I think I saw this guy doing some "sidewalk art" on TV a while back. These are both highly creative and very well done! I can imagine someone thinking they were "real" under the right conditions. That phenomenon would be no different from the folks who experience vertigo when playing a 3D game on a computer.

I think I saw this guy doing some "sidewalk art" on TV a while back. These are both highly creative and very well done! I can imagine someone thinking they were "real" under the right conditions. That phenomenon would be no different from the folks who experience vertigo when playing a 3D game on a computer.

I don't think it's possible to experience vertigo from these sidewalk arts. You have to be away from the paintings and at a certain angle. Standing on the painting, you see nothing but a mess of colors. (see images 012 and 017 in my link below)

I happen to save most of the sidewalk art images in my photobucket so I could show a friend a while ago.

Enjoy!

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/Azhar1972/Sidewalk Art/

That second picture is on the street side of one of the art buildings on Chico State campus. I get to see it every time I walk to get coffee.

[H]adouken!;1034151843 said:
nice, don't blame the firemen, but they should have understood quicker.

I think we can assume someone "tweaked" what really happened just a bit.

I would not be surprised of poeple walked into the wall on the last picture trying to get a moments rest on the benches.

I think by the time you're 2-3 feet from the wall it'd be painfully obvious it isn't real... But most of those photographs seem to be taken from dead ahead (unlike the sidewalk art which was always photographed at funky angles), so I'd imagine from a distance they look very very real.

Back