Cookie Clicker: Tell Your Boss I'm Sorry

i remember this thing, wasted so many cpu cycles just letting it run on the background lol

I had this described to me last night. It wasn't meant to be presented as such, but the way it sounded to me gave the impression it was meant to be satire of the current state of skinner-box-reliant games. Just out-of-bounds, unmitigated nonsense.

Played it. Turns out it's not. It's meant to be for real. I nearly cried.

Perfect example of how achievements in games will make even the shittiest ones playable.

I had this described to me last night. It wasn't meant to be presented as such, but the way it sounded to me gave the impression it was meant to be satire of the current state of skinner-box-reliant games. Just out-of-bounds, unmitigated nonsense.

Played it. Turns out it's not. It's meant to be for real. I nearly cried.

It actually is, I've read a magazine interview article about the psychology of it. It's meant as a satirical game that was originally designed to see if people would play something so absurd as an experiment.

antimatter condenser in 3 hrs 56 min (according to chicken on a raft)

The fact that it's free validates its existence. At least it doesn't cost ten bucks on the Apple store.

The fact that it's free validates its existence. At least it doesn't cost ten bucks on the Apple store.

an iOS port is planned, im thinking cookies in packs for 1.99-9.99, upgrades will probably also be available for purchase, the suckers will eat it out and the guy will be rich

Goddamn this game...I hate this things but at the same time I can't stop playing.

It seems like once you are rolling in 100+ cookies/second it's not really worth your time to keep clicking, though.

My kids were immediately enthralled with this. (ok, I might have been too)

The sad thing about this is I've actually played games worse then this, some games basically play themselves.

I'm lost.... i got 162 cookies before I quit.

What's so enthralling about it?

Make sure you don't use Chrome, press F12, and start poking around... you might get... too many cookies.

I'm lost.... i got 162 cookies before I quit.

What's so enthralling about it?

Did you just simply click 162 times, or did you buy upgrades and such? It's a really stupid, utterly pointless game...but for some reason you can keep playing forever, and still want to.

Did you just simply click 162 times, or did you buy upgrades and such? It's a really stupid, utterly pointless game...but for some reason you can keep playing forever, and still want to.

I don't know about forever...I think once I got all the upgrades and achievements I'd be done.

I'm playing it right now. I leave a small section on the right of the screen so i can click cookies while browsing. The best achievement is the cookie-dunker. Reminds me of candybox.

Go to Menu, then Reset. It's recommended to not do it until you've gotten you achievements though, at least what I read.

But... you can reset and get heavenly chips.. :p

I kid I kid... but seriously,

http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Heavenly_Chips

darth-vader-no.jpg

The real question is what is the strategy for getting the most cookies fastest? Buy volume of low producing items? Or Wait until you can buy high volume, high cost items?

The real question is what is the strategy for getting the most cookies fastest? Buy volume of low producing items? Or Wait until you can buy high volume, high cost items?

The latter. The upper-level buildings like portals, time machines and antimatter condensers eclipse the production values of the lower-level ones. After a while, buying the lower-rated units is just for achievement purposes.

The latter. The upper-level buildings like portals, time machines and antimatter condensers eclipse the production values of the lower-level ones. After a while, buying the lower-rated units is just for achievement purposes.

Yeah, been playing for 43 minutes and only up to 1432 cokies per second, is that slow? :p

i styarted this morning for 30min before work. got home and now Im at 40,349 cookies per second

Yeah, the higher-end production items are basically like an order of magnitude higher than the previous ones, so it's worth it to just wait for those. I'm sure there's some big complicated algorithm to be had for when you should buy which upgrades/items/etc, but that's too much work. :p

Yeah, been playing for 43 minutes and only up to 1432 cokies per second, is that slow? :p

A little, but not really. Just keep investing in cursors, farms, etc. It doesn't take long for clicking to become largely unnecessary, except when you get golden cookies that boost production.

Back