"Conviction": District 9's Neill Blomkamp Releases Live-Action Anthem Prequel Trailer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
EA and BioWare have partnered with Neill Blomkamp and Oats Studios (his experimental short-film company) to promote Anthem, which is now available for select EA or Origin Access subscribers. “Conviction” is a prequel that sees hub-world Fort Tarsis and the game’s signature Javelins brought to life through Blomkamp’s expert blending of CG with live-action sequences.

“I was really blown away by this incredible world BioWare created the very first time I saw Anthem,” said Blomkamp. “Conviction sets the stage with a narrative that touches on Anthem’s beautiful and immersive world, which is ripe for exploration by these powerful Javelins. A world where danger is lurking on every ledge and in each valley.”

EODetroit

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm kinda pissed it wasn't a movie trailer. This is now a candidate to make the crossover.

Snooble

Gawd
Maybe this is to garner interest in a movie.

And holy hell what a movie or would be.

odditory

Supreme [H]ardness
Good stuff. First time seeing District 9, I remember thinking "this guy is the next big thing". A string of veritable duds followed, and I've wondered since if D9 was just a fluke or if he still had another breakthrough ahead of him. M. Night Shyamalan's trajectory as a director comes to mind here - big and bright at first, then just kind of meandered since.

Also, can we please fast forward to the future where GPU graphics look as good as the live action.

Last edited:

greenman

Gawd
I'm so confused.. They made a movie trailer for a game that contains nothing of the actual game? There is no movie??

///AMG

2[H]4U
I'm so confused.. They made a movie trailer for a game that contains nothing of the actual game? There is no movie??
If anthem fails we can somewhat point to the massive marketing budget they had used to make this instead of actually improving the game. This trailer was not cheap to make.

Catboxer

[H]ard|Gawd
Here's how I watched this: Gameplay? Skip. Gameplay? Skip. Gameplay? Skip/Over. Good use of marketing funds.

Submarinesailor

Weaksauce
Wait a damn minute! It's not on the steam platform! WTF! BOYCOTT!

I'm trolling again. Have a good day!

Ferdjones

Limp Gawd
If this were for a movie, I'd definitely be interested in seeing it. After watching this though, I have no idea if I'd want to play the game. I didn't know anything about it before watching, absolutely the same amount after watching.

HeadRusch

[H]ard|Gawd
So now Anthem is set in South Africa and talks to the thinly-veiled topics of long-term white elitism on indigenous peoples? Man, take my $59.99, I can' wait to hop in my armor and kill some alien bugs....FOR JUSTICE!

<no, not really. $14.99 used. By July)

maxius

2[H]4U
So now Anthem is set in South Africa and talks to the thinly-veiled topics of long-term white elitism on indigenous peoples? Man, take my $59.99, I can' wait to hop in my armor and kill some alien bugs....FOR JUSTICE!

<no, not really. $14.99 used. By July)
can i have the drugs you are on?

dvsman

2[H]4U
At this point I'd rather see the movie than play the game TBH :-D