Converting video to a zune

trick_m0nkey

Staff member
I tried searching the forums but I could not find anything on this subject (even though I'm sure this has been touched a zillion times, but I'm a video player noob). I just got a zune from woot.com, and I really want to put my dvd collection onto this device. I was wondering the following:

What is the best program to rip dvds to my harddrive? Do I need to worry about copyright or encoding programs?

What is the best program to convert the dvds into a format that is compatable to my zune? Free and quality programs are what I am looking for.

Thanks

Thanks....I was wondering though if there was a freeware program that will do this. Anyone else? I'm sure more than just one person on this forum watches movies on their zune...

SUPER ©

It's what I use for my Zen, but I assume they support similar video formats. I watch videos at work. :)

I use .avi container with divx codec, 768kbps video @ 320x240 and 160kbps audio.

Thanks guys for the advice...100 bucks for woot is something that was too hard to pass up. One final question...can the software with this device read my winamp playlists?

Handbrake @ mk0.org?

Will take DVD rips (IFO, VOB files) and convert to acceptable AVI files.

if your looking for a free alternative, your gonna have to do a multi-software dance, and a lot of free time to juggle these softwares
for example dvd shrink to rip the .vob's then probably Videora to convert the .vob's to mp4, then convert again in the zune software

Back