Convert Mac fonts to work on a PC?

cuemasterfl

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a CD with hundreds of fonts taken from a Mac, and I want to use them on my PC. Is there a converter of some type, or some easy way to make them work?

Thanks, I e-mailed him. Can you also tell me about compatibility with Photoshop files, and desktop publishing files such as Quark Express files? Will a photoshop or quark file made on a PC display exactly the same on a Mac?

Photoshop files are exactly the same, I believe... Haven't actually tried it since version 5.5, but why would they make them less compatible? Don't know about Quark, though.

They are Truetype. They have no file extension as they came from a Mac :rolleyes: but I am told they are Truetype. The file size says 0 but again I put that down to the fact they came off a Mac.

Crossfont. It's shareware, and and can only do 1 file at a time unless you register.

Those fonts aren't going to do you any good though if they're 0k. You probably only have the resource fork, and the file is useless. They need to stuff the archive, and you need stuffit on your PC.

If you still have access to a Mac, there are some utilities like TT Font Convert (it's "postcard ware").

There are some font utilities listed here. Sounds like Refont might do the trick: "A Windows font utility that allows you to use MAC type 1 and TrueType fonts on IBMPC machines with Windows and ATM."

But like NewBlackDak, if they're 0K, sounds like you might have the resource fork and not the actual font.

Back